Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot login to SMB Server/Authentication denied Post 302984824 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 1st of November 2016 07:01:21 AM
Old 11-01-2016
This is the Oracle documentation about troubleshooting SMB connectivity but I assume that you've already gone through that?

Troubleshooting the SMB Service - Managing SMB File Sharing and Windows Interoperability in Oracle Solaris 11.1
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login Authentication Prob SCO 504

I have a problem on a SCO Unix504 box where no user with a setr password is allowed to login. When you enter a username with-out a password and press enter you are allowed to login, when using a name with a password it skips the password entry line and gives the message Incorrect password. This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jant
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

USER denied login as OUT OF DISK SPACE

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle 11g R2 on Oracle Enterprise Linux (5.4 version, which is basically some Redhat version). I have created oracle user, when I tried installing, the installer erred out saying there is no enough space. I logged out and when I logged in back, user oracle was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

microsoft Server 2008 Active authentication to a linux server

Hi, Please could someone advise I'm trying to use winscp from a Window server 2008 R2, but i need to add the authentication key to access the linux rh 5.4 servers ? What is the best way of approaching this ? If there are any web links that could help me do this, that would be good. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venhart
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login password less authentication

Hi, I am facing strange problem in solaris 10. My requirement is that on server A using user test, any user which is created on Server B will be able to login wihtout password (ssh) from Server A All the users which are on Server B are able able to login from Server A using test user. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM Login denied

Hi All, While I was trying to login to the console of my machine I got the following error messages :: body { margin: 0 0 0 0; padding:0 0 0 0 }td,div { font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;vertical-align:top }/* Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 All Rights Reserved. */body { margin:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless Authentication and Anonymous login

Hi, I am in the process FTPing some of my report files from my production server to another FTP server through batch/Shell Script. This is working fine with the password less authentication. Once i place all my report files in the ftp server the end users need to download ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies

8. Solaris

/network/smb/server goes into maintenance mode.

All I'm running an OpenSolaris system (Nexenta). When doing a svcs I see that/network/smb/server is in maintenance mode. I have run a clear on the service and restarted. I see the same service show online* for a bit but then, enters maintenance every time. In the service log I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcpatriot
2 Replies
Authen::Simple::SMB(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Authen::Simple::SMB(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::SMB - Simple SMB authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::SMB; my $smb = Authen::Simple::SMB->new( domain => 'DOMAIN', pdc => 'PDC' ); if ( $smb->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::SMB PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleSMB_domain "DOMAIN" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleSMB_pdc "PDC" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::SMB AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against an SMB server. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * domain Domain to authenticate against. Required. domain => 'NTDOMAIN' * pdc Primary Domain Controller. Required. pdc => 'PDC' * bdc Backup Domain Controller. bdc => 'BDC' * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::SMB') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Authen::Smb. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-02-29 Authen::Simple::SMB(3pm)