Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to list all folders in a specific directory Post 302984780 by ctsgnb on Monday 31st of October 2016 12:30:55 PM
Old 10-31-2016
ls -dF1 */

Options may be differents depending on your OS (check man ls)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

List all files that contain a specific directory

I need to list all files and subdirectories that contain "oradata". For example, I have several files in several different directories that contain "oradata". I.e. /u07/oradata/1.dbf /u09/unix/whatever/oradata/2.xxx That is, whatever file on the system that contains a directory called... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sat510
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to download specific files and save in two folders

I am trying to download all files from a user authentication, password protected https site, with a particular extension (.bam). The files are ~20GB each and I am not sure if the below is the best way to do it. I am also not sure how to direct the downloaded files to a folder as well as external... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Limit bash/sh user's access to a specific directory

Hello Team, I have Solaris 10 u6 I have a user test1 using bash that belong to the group staff. I would like to restrict this user to navigate only in his home directory and his subfolders but not not move out to other directories. How can I do it ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select panel then specific file in directory

I am using bash to prompt a user for a choice using: where a "y" response opens a menu with available panels that can be used. while true; do read -p "Do you want to get coverage of a specific panel?" yn case $yn in * ) menu; break;; * ) exit;; * ) echo... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move specific folders and subfolders in a directory

I am trying to move specific folders and subfolders within a directory using the below. I can see the folders to move and they are at the location, but I am getting an error. Thank you :). mv -v /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/6-10-2016{bam/{validation,coverage},bedtools /media/cmccabe/"My... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to move specific files from folders in find file

I have a directory /home/cmccabe/nfs/exportedReports that contains multiple folders in it. The find writes the name of each folder to out.txt. A new directory is then created in a new location /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API, named with the date. What I am trying to do, unsuccessfully at the moment,... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add folder to exsisting folders in directory

I am trying to create subdirectories in each folder in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test/*. When I use echo I can see each folder in the directory, but I can not seem to add the commented out portion in bold. These are the sub-directories and sub-folders I am trying to add to each folder in... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop, but only choose those folders with specific word in it, so it will only echo those with specific word #!/bin/bash for filename in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $filename; fithx! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
wxMenuItem(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition						  wxMenuItem(3erl)

NAME
wxMenuItem - See external documentation: wxMenuItem. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxMenuItem . DATA TYPES
wxMenuItem() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
new() -> wxMenuItem() Equivalent to new([]) . new(Options::[Option]) -> wxMenuItem() Types Option = {parentMenu, wxMenu() (see module wxMenu)} | {id, integer()} | {text, string()} | {help, string()} | {kind, WxItemKind} | {subMenu, wxMenu() (see module wxMenu)} WxItemKind = integer() See external documentation . WxItemKind is one of ?wxITEM_SEPARATOR | ?wxITEM_NORMAL | ?wxITEM_CHECK | ?wxITEM_RADIO | ?wxITEM_MAX check(This::wxMenuItem()) -> ok Equivalent to check(This, []) . check(This::wxMenuItem(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {check, bool()} See external documentation . enable(This::wxMenuItem()) -> ok Equivalent to enable(This, []) . enable(This::wxMenuItem(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {enable, bool()} See external documentation . getBitmap(This::wxMenuItem()) -> wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap) See external documentation . getHelp(This::wxMenuItem()) -> string() See external documentation . getId(This::wxMenuItem()) -> integer() See external documentation . getKind(This::wxMenuItem()) -> WxItemKind Types WxItemKind = integer() See external documentation . WxItemKind is one of ?wxITEM_SEPARATOR | ?wxITEM_NORMAL | ?wxITEM_CHECK | ?wxITEM_RADIO | ?wxITEM_MAX getLabel(This::wxMenuItem()) -> string() See external documentation . getLabelFromText(Text::string()) -> string() See external documentation . getMenu(This::wxMenuItem()) -> wxMenu() (see module wxMenu) See external documentation . getText(This::wxMenuItem()) -> string() See external documentation . getSubMenu(This::wxMenuItem()) -> wxMenu() (see module wxMenu) See external documentation . isCheckable(This::wxMenuItem()) -> bool() See external documentation . isChecked(This::wxMenuItem()) -> bool() See external documentation . isEnabled(This::wxMenuItem()) -> bool() See external documentation . isSeparator(This::wxMenuItem()) -> bool() See external documentation . isSubMenu(This::wxMenuItem()) -> bool() See external documentation . setBitmap(This::wxMenuItem(), Bitmap::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap)) -> ok See external documentation . setHelp(This::wxMenuItem(), Str::string()) -> ok See external documentation . setMenu(This::wxMenuItem(), Menu::wxMenu() (see module wxMenu)) -> ok See external documentation . setSubMenu(This::wxMenuItem(), Menu::wxMenu() (see module wxMenu)) -> ok See external documentation . setText(This::wxMenuItem(), Str::string()) -> ok See external documentation . destroy(This::wxMenuItem()) -> ok Destroys this object, do not use object again AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxMenuItem(3erl)