Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Service smf ntp maintenance
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Service smf ntp maintenance Post 302984769 by Corona688 on Monday 31st of October 2016 11:40:48 AM
Old 10-31-2016
code tags for code, please, [code]stuff[/code].

Try checking NTP's own logs to see why it's dying.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Smf managed service not starting

Hi Experts, While playing with smf in my local system ( which is not in production ) i am unable to restart the service svc:/network/nfs/server:default . I tried starting it in different way, however unable to restart the same. I was checking the dependency for that I disabled the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

2. Solaris

SMF service HELP

I would like to run command whenever system boot up, i.e "/opt/admin/script/closegen -c /opt/share/script/colsehg" How do I integrate above command in to SMF services. -sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache 2 doesnt create SMF service at installation

Hello everybody, I intended to use Apache 2 first time on my S10 U7 box. But the package (V2) is not ok for the developpers and they need 2.2.12 somehow. I removed Apache 1.3 and installed 2.2.12 with the stream package which I downloaded from Sunfreeware.com It's running perfectly if I start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowfaxxxx
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Permission denied in SMF service log

I can't get the exact error message because I am at home, but on Solaris 10u5 machine I have at work, a few services are stuck in the maintenance state with the following error message in the individual service logs (/var/svc/log/FMRI:instance.log): Cannot chdir: permission denied Fortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using SMF to register & start a (Nagios) service

I'm trying to register & start a service using SMF on Solaris 10. It's nsca, part of the Nagios monitoring system. I've got nsca running fine as a detached process, and can manually create passive checks via send_nsca. But when I try to run nsca as a daemon, I need some advice. The nsca... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyle
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Service shutdown sequence via SMF

Hi all, Is there any way to configure a certain service to be shutdown first via SMF? Thanks in advance Eugene (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srage
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Service shutdown sequence via SMF

Hi all, Is there any way to configure a certain service to be shutdown first via SMF? Thanks in advance Eugene (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
2 Replies

8. Solaris

removing associated processes from a SMF service

I'm running Tibco Hawk (hawkhma and agent) on a number of solaris 10 boxes (both x86 and Sparc). Tibco Hawk is a monitoring system, that can monitor processs and logs on the OS and applications. It also have the ability to start a process, if it for some reason, have died. I have implemented... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to make SMF service start last?

I need to start a service among the last on a freshly booted system. Via the manifest, I've made it dependent on very milestone on the computer yet the service still comes back with an error that a kstat variable in the kernel does not exist. I run it right the service process right there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
6 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 0.9.7a 2000-01-31 ERR_GET_LIB(3)