Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Move the files that have been found Post 302984739 by AAAnni on Monday 31st of October 2016 03:47:46 AM
Old 10-31-2016
I see, so I need the slash there,
Thank you very much !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip ^M at end of each files for all files found in current directory

I am trying to use a loop to strip of the funny character ^M at the end of all lines in each file found in current directory and I have used the following in a script: find . -type f -name '*.txt' | while read file do echo "stripping ^M from ..." ex - "$file" > $tempfile %s/^M//g wq! # mv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisip99
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

5. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move a block of lines to file if string found in the block.

I have a "main" file which has blocks of data for each user defined by tags BEGIN and END. BEGIN ID_NUM:24879 USER:abc123 HOW:47M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:arp2 STATE:active PROCESS:id60 END BEGIN ID_NUM:24880 USER:def123 HOW:4M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:xyz2 STATE:running PROCESS:id64 END (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
bdiff(1)						      General Commands Manual							  bdiff(1)

Name
       bdiff - big file differential comparator

Syntax
       bdiff file1 file2 [n] [-s]

Description
       The  command  is  used to find lines that must be changed in two files to bring them into agreement.  Its purpose is to allow processing of
       files that are too large for

The command ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and  invokes  upon
       corresponding  segments.   The  value of n is 3500 by default.  If the optional third argument is given and if it is numeric, it is used as
       the value for n.  This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for causing it to fail.

The output of the command is the same as the output of the command: line numbers are adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files to
       make  it  look  as  if the files had been processed whole.  Note that because of the segmenting of the files, does not necessarily find the
       smallest sufficient set of file differences.

If either file1 or file2 is -, the standard input is read.  The optional -s (silent) argument specifies	that  no  diagnostics  are  to	be
       printed by However, this does not suppress possible exclamations by If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order
       indicated above.

Options
       -s		   Suppresses normal diagnostic messages.

Diagnostics
       Use for explanations.

Files
       /tmp/bd?????

See Also
       diff(1)

bdiff(1)