Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reading website from UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading website from UNIX Post 302984648 by wbport on Friday 28th of October 2016 03:20:51 PM
Old 10-28-2016
Reading website from UNIX

Right now we have a PowerShell script to read a website (it ends with .del) and send it to a SCO Unix computer, but would like to be able to get it with a script when the website is updated.

Is there a way to use ftp for this?

TIA

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix on my website...

Hello eveybody! I'm 15mins old (in Unix years that is!) I hope this isn't a stupid question.... Is it possible to have a unix forum on my site? I've seen other sites with forums similar to the unix one. How do I got about doing this? Thankyou. Happy12:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happy12
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix recommended reading

Hello I was wondering if anyone had a Unix book recommendation. Just one book, that can give me a good foundation in Unix and has plenty of hands on exercises to follow along with on my Unix terminal? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vedder191
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading in unix

Hi , I need to read line by line from a file. Can u please tell me the most efficient way to do it. SInce i will be reading more than 1000 files in my program. i am trying the following options : 1. nawk option nawk'{ print $0 }'files.temp 2. filecount=`cat files.temp | wc -l`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepthanraj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Practice Website

Hi , If somebody knows, Please let me know where can I practice Unix commands and Shell scripts Online. I know www.cyberspace.org. But its very slow. Is there some website which is very fast. Even I have heard there are some websites where you pay just 2-3 dollors a month and connection is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satgur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file reading

i have a directory that has n files starting with ABC_00x.txt and ABC_00x.txt where x is the integer number. i want to read the contents of each file and write it into a log file. can somebody help me in writing the shell script in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading value from sqlplus in UNIX

I have a unix shell script that calls two Select Queries using sqlplus as shown below. more extract.sh result=$(sqlplus -s usr/swd@myhost_sid @/tmp/SELECT_QUERY.run) more @/tmp/SELECT_QUERY.run SELECT PROBLEM_TYPE, COUNT (*) FROM BATCH WHERE UPPER (STATUS) = 'NEW' AND PROB_TYPE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Best Linux/UNIX-based website hosting service?

I'm currently on a shared server, with a fairly-well-known hosting provider, which has gotten progressively worse over the years, and it's time to switch to someone else. I know there are LOTS of providers out there whose infrastructure is Linux/UNIX based (actually, I'm not aware of any that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
2 Replies
SMOKEPING_CGI(1)						     SmokePing							  SMOKEPING_CGI(1)

NAME
smokeping_cgi - SmokePing webfrontend OVERVIEW
This script acts as a 'website' for your SmokePing monitoring operation. It presents the targets you are looking at in a tree structure and draws graphs as they are required by people looking at the pages. DESCRIPTION
To get smokeping_cgi going, you need a webserver which allows you to run CGI or better FastCGI scripts. The system must be setup so that the cgi process is allowed to write to the image caching area as defined in the config file. This script runs fine as a normal CGI, BUT it will appear to be very slow, because it does a lot of things when starting up. So if the script has to be started a fresh on every click, this is both slow and a tough thing for your webserver. I therefore strongly recommend using FastCGI. Please refer to the installation document for detailed setup instructions. SETUP
There is a sample htdocs directory in your smokeping installation root. Copy its content to the place where your webserver expects its files. There are also two sample cgi scripts showing how to launch the smokeping cgi in your website. The only difference is the file extension. Adjust the paths in the script and you should be ready to go. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 by Tobias Oetiker. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 SMOKEPING_CGI(1)