Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to access file path from another server? Post 302984606 by bakunin on Friday 28th of October 2016 04:18:51 AM
Old 10-28-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinoo
  1. AIX 6.1
  2. 2.6.32-358.el6_x86_64

How do I create a file share between the same set of operating system.
That depends: the suggested NFS comes in 4 different versions and first you need to decide which one you want to use. In practice you probably will use either NFS3 or NFS4, but this decision you will have to make. Both have their pros and cons and you need to decide which is better suited to your cause.

Then you will have to decide, from which system you want to export the share and which system should mount this share. The methods of achieving either are different in AIX and Linux.

So tell us what you want to do and we can tell you how to do that.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Last edited by rbatte1; 10-28-2016 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: Updated quote when I converted to formatted number-list in the original post

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

userid access to a single path

Hi All, Can a user-a on linux be able to access to particular path only? I think is not possible because if the /etc have r on the other then user-a can access it. Right? Thanks for any comment you have will add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) repository from Unix Server

Hello, Some of our application team uses Microsoft Team Foundation server (TFS) reposity tool for their .NET projects , I would like to access it form Unix/Linux machine. Please let me know how can access the TFS from unix. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait for file to get copied in server path and then proceed

Hi, I have a requirement to create below script: Script must run infinitely in background. It will check a particular type of file to be copied in specific folder of server Script must wait till any file gets fully copied ..(important) and then It will read that file Experts please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikash163
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

6. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Access to one path!

Hi All, I have question and I need someone to help me in this regard:) I have Solaris 11 I have created user called : appuser appuser member to staff group actually I have this system \app\sys\system\bin\logs I want appuser to have access only to this path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsnaa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)