Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need help with a dbora, Oracle startup script Post 302984577 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 27th of October 2016 12:26:50 PM
Old 10-27-2016
What errors do you see? Or just no logfile created?

If no logfile at all -
The environment variable $STARTUP_LOGFILE - I would start with that and make sure the variable exists and is defined correctly, then check permissions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script DSL

Hi, I'm using Damn Small Linux 2.3, could you tell me which script starts up the browser when fluxbox loads? Thanks C19 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take input at the startup script!!

Hi all, I am trying to modify a startup script... The problem is that i am unable to figure out how to take inputs from the user at the startup screen and proceed with the processing accordingly... Eg: $ echo "this is a test" (typically this would produce the output)... $ echo "this is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at startup

hi, i am using rhel 5, and i wanna run a script as soon as the operating system open. How can i do this ? ( i was reading rc.d files but i could not understand exactly what are the run levels and where should i put the my shell script. my script will be : #!/bin/ksh iptables -I INPUT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: futi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

oracle and weblogic startup

Hi All, i am facing problem after restart my Unix Box PC i should to startup oracle manual and weblogic also how yo make it start automatic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

7. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
cachefslog(1M)															    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
logfile| cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The command is used to enable or disable logging for a cachefs_mount_point. When the command is used without any options, it displays the logfile. The logfile contains information on the operation performed on a cachefs_mount_point and statistics used by to get the working set size of cache directory. The specified logfile will contain information for all the CacheFS mount points using the same cache direc- tory. A logfile and a cache directory have a 1-to-1 mapping; that is, even if a cache directory is removed and recreated with the same name, the logfile used in the previous instance of the cache directory cannot be reused with the new cache directory. Enabling logging may have performance impact, even if minimal, on the operations for all the CacheFS mount points using the same cache directory. The command is mainly used for debugging purposes. Options The following options are supported. You must be a superuser to use the and options. Specify the logfile to be used. Halt logging. Operands cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Success. non-zero An error occurred. EXAMPLES
1. Checking the logging of a directory. This example checks if the CacheFS file system is being logged: 2. Changing the logfile. This example changes the logfile of to 3. Verifying the change of a logfile. This example verifies the change of the previous example: 4. Halting the logging of a directory. This example halts logging for the directory: AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M). cachefslog(1M)