Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Increase disk size on OS side on the fly Post 302984575 by goldenboy on Thursday 27th of October 2016 11:38:23 AM
Old 10-27-2016
@edfair

I will have to read entire documentation. I've installed BackupEDGE and left default settings and in RecoverEDGE the only option that appeared to me to have recovery image created was floppy drive, no ISO or anything other.

I need to have a second look at it, as I'm struggling with migration from physical to virtual server. Physical got tar of all directories and I tried to untar them on physical, but of course after reboot it crashed. Eventually I got to point where I excluded /etc /opt/{K,P} /var/opt/K directories and was able to relink kernel with only one error and succesfuly boot, but I'm not sure if services that were on physical were started fine (no erros during boot, but still).

@rbatte1

I will check it for sure. Thanks!

Thank you for the input, hopefully I will manage to solve my problems with that difficult (for me) Unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increase size of /tmp

My /tmp is full, and the oracle installation is crashing. How can I increase the size of /tmp, even though I have allocated all the available disk space to other partitions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase Virtual Disk size

Hello, I am working AIX VIO server and extended Virtual Disk of one of the Partition with 10GB. After starting partition, i am not able to see increased size of disk. Can you please help me what I need to do to increase the size of virtual disk from partition? Thanks Kishor ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete syslog but size disk can't increase

Hi Experts, I have a problem wih /var. Disk /var is full. After i investigate, i found file /var/log/syslog.0 is growing rapidly. The size is 4.3G. I tried to move syslog.0 to another disk and file was moved successfully. My question is why size /var can't increase? used space still 100%. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
7 Replies

9. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase disk size of guest domain

Host System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. running Solaris 11.3. Last login: Tue Sep 19 14:42:42 2017 from xxx.xxx.xxx Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 June 2017 $ uname -a SunOS sog01 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v $ Original physical systems: Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
0 Replies
MKRESCUE(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  MKRESCUE(8)

NAME
mkrescue - make rescue floppy or CD SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mkrescue makes a bootable rescue floppy or CD using the default kernel specified in lilo.conf. DESCRIPTION
mkrescue takes its specifation for the kernel from the default image specified in /etc/lilo.conf. If the actual default is an other= spec- ification, then use the first image= specification. Any associated initial ramdisk (initrd=), and append= options will also be used. The root directory will be taken to be the current root. A bootable floppy or CD-image will be created using LILO version 22.5.5 or later. mkrescue normally requires no options, unless a CD-image is desired (--iso). OPTIONS
--append <string> Override any append= options taken from the default image. If there is any doubt about whether the lilo.conf options are correct, then specify no kernel parameters by providing the null string (--append ""). --debug Provide verbose output of the operation of mkrescue, pausing to allow the setting of internal operating parameters to be viewed. <CR> must be hit to proceed from these pauses. --device <device> Make the floppy on a device other than /dev/fd0. The floppy disk will always be made to boot on BIOS device code 0x00 (A: drive), without regard to the drive on which it is created. --fast Use a faster method of creating the boot floppy. This involves first creating a file of --size 1k blocks (default is 1440) mounted using a loopback device, creating the bootable floppy, then copying the entire file to the disk. --fs [ ext2 | msdos | minix ] Specify the type of filesystem to create on the drive. ext2 is the default, but msdos and minix allow slightly more disk sectors for really big kernels. --help Print a short usage synopsis, including a list of command options. --image <label> Specifies the label or alias of the particular image from which the append, initial ramdisk, root, keytable, and kernel information is to be taken. --initrd <filepath> and --kernel <filepath> These options, which must be used together, allow specification of an arbitrary kernel file and initial ramdisk file to be used on the created boot floppy. Be sure you know what you are doing before you use these options. If no inital ramdisk is needed with a particular kernel, then you MUST specify --initrd "", meaning a null pathname. --install [ text | menu ] Allows overriding the default human interface used with the rescue bootloader (configuration file "install=" option). text is the default on 1.2MB and 1.44MB floppy disks, and menu is the default on 2.88MB floppies and HD emulation on CD-R media. --iso Create an ISO-9660 bootable CD image (El Torito Format) suitable for burning to a CD-R or CD-RW. The --device specification defaults to the filename rescue.iso, and the --size defaults to 2880. A utility such as "wodim" may be used to burn the ISO file to a recordable CD medium. With this ISO option, the --size HD option is allowed. --nocompact For faster kernel loading from a floppy, LILO map compaction is normally enabled. This option will disable map compaction by omit- ting the lilo -c switch. --noformat Suppresses creation of a new filesystem on the boot floppy. This option may be used ONLY when you know that the floppy you will be writing upon is formatted with the same filesystem as specified by --fs XXX (default is ext2). --root <device> Specify the root filesystem for the kernel on the boot floppy. The currently mounted root is taken as the default specification. --size [ 1440 | 1200 | 2880 | HD ] The default floppy disk size is 1440, meaning a 1.44MB floppy. When --iso is specified, the default size is 2880. Allowed specifi- cations are 1200, 1440, or 2880, meaning a 1.2MB, 1.44MB or 2.88MB floppy, respectively. No other floppy disk sizes are supported. The HD specification, meaning "hard disk", may only be used with the --iso option, to indicate a 16MB hard disk is to be generated for emulation. This allows for very large kernel/initial ramdisk combinations on CD-R. The hard disk image is created using loop- back devices /dev/loop0 and /dev/loop1, which must be free to utilize this size option. --version Print the version number of mkrescue, then terminate. SEE ALSO
cdrecord(1), dd(1), wodim(1), lilo.conf(5), lilo(8), mkfs(8), mkinitrd(8), mkisofs(8), mount(8) 6 Mar 2011 MKRESCUE(8)