Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script only runs first time through crontab Post 302984387 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 25th of October 2016 10:54:51 AM
Old 10-25-2016
Up to you, but avoid to update them both at the same time (i updated my previous post).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab runs only one line in iterated program

I have a crontab as below: PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/bin/:..... etc etc 0 8 * * * /home/user/jobs/poll.sh 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null Now the script poll.sh is called at correct time and executes. This is how poll.sh looks like #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hi all I have this inside a shell script (bash): cd DIRECTORY find . -maxdepth 1 | sed 's#./##' | /usr/bin/xargs -I '{}' chown -Rv '{}' /DIRECTORY/'{}' All the directories in this location are named after usernames, so it simply sets the owner to that of the username of the folder. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakesy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question if you don't mind helping me. I have a script that will work if I kick if off manually but not from Cron. My cron entry is this: 05,20,35,50 * * * * /scripts/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 The first script (works fine) is this: #!/bin/sh # #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hs3082
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of the Shell script is not running via crontab, runs fine manually

Hello Team, As a part of my job we have made a script to automate a service to restart frequently. Script having two functions when executing it's should find the existing service and kill it, then start the same service . Verified the script it's working fine when executing... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script taking more time in CRONTAB

Hello All, I have created a shell script, When i run it manually as ./<script_name> it takes 5 hours to run, but when i am scheduling it in crontab, it is taking 20 hours to run. Please help me and advice, what can be done to reduce the time in crontab. Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs good manually but failing via crontab

Hello Gurus, I have written small script which will start the given service if its stop .Its running fine when manually executed but its unable to run from crontab. #!/bin/bash SERVICENAME=rsyslog service $SERVICENAME status > /dev/null SYSLOGSTATUS=`echo $?` COUNT=0 THRESHOLD=3 if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs manually but not from crontab in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am executing the script called Delet.sh manually it is successfully completing the task but it is failing to run vi cron tab, I tried to pass PATH & .profile before execution but no luck, Any suggestions? Script below #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x # Purpose : Delete folders file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anilsa77
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job runs manually, doesn't work in crontab

I have a script (/home/admin/run_bkup.sh) that I can run manually to kick off an executable job. I want to run it in crontab, but it doesn't work. Here's the script: shell=/bin/bash today=$(date +"%m-%d-%y") /opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/upgrade_export mgt-svr-bkup-$today << EOF y... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: df08388
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert this script so that it runs the dbv at most 5x at a time instead of serially?

Hi, Attached is a generated script of the database files if/when we want to run dbv = dbverify. The script runs fine by itself but it does take awhile to finish. In a worse case scenario, it can take up to 7 hours to finish as the dbv runs serially. I need help and guidance to somehow... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies
MPI_Win_post(3) 							MPI							   MPI_Win_post(3)

NAME
MPI_Win_post - Start an RMA exposure epoch SYNOPSIS
int MPI_Win_post(MPI_Group group, int assert, MPI_Win win) INPUT PARAMETERS
group - group of origin processes (handle) assert - Used to optimize this call; zero may be used as a default. See notes. (integer) win - window object (handle) NOTES
The assert argument is used to indicate special conditions for the fence that an implementation may use to optimize the MPI_Win_post opera- tion. The value zero is always correct. Other assertion values may be or'ed together. Assertions that are valid for MPI_Win_post are: MPI_MODE_NOCHECK - the matching calls to MPI_WIN_START have not yet occurred on any origin processes when the call to MPI_WIN_POST is made. The nocheck option can be specified by a post call if and only if it is specified by each matching start call. MPI_MODE_NOSTORE - the local window was not updated by local stores (or local get or receive calls) since last synchronization. This may avoid the need for cache synchronization at the post call. MPI_MODE_NOPUT - the local window will not be updated by put or accumulate calls after the post call, until the ensuing (wait) synchronization. This may avoid the need for cache synchronization at the wait call. NOTES FOR FORTRAN
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK ) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement. All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype , MPI_Comm ) are of type INTEGER in Fortran. ERRORS
All MPI routines (except MPI_Wtime and MPI_Wtick ) return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. Before the value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler (for communicators), MPI_File_set_errhandler (for files), and MPI_Win_set_errhandler (for RMA windows). The MPI-1 routine MPI_Errhandler_set may be used but its use is deprecated. The predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarentee that an MPI program can continue past an error; however, MPI implementations will attempt to continue whenever possible. MPI_SUCCESS - No error; MPI routine completed successfully. LOCATION
win_post.c 5/20/2010 MPI_Win_post(3)