Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute a command after a program was launched Post 302984194 by Xworks on Friday 21st of October 2016 11:28:32 PM
Old 10-22-2016
Hello RudiC

Thanks for your response.

Code:
printf "p\nquit\n" | jsmon pf=(profile of my application)

- this time it doesnt "print" the list of servers but continuously run the command. even ctrl+c, q+enter, ctrl+d doesn't stop it.

Code:
echo p | jsmon pf=(profile of my application)

- pretty much does what I wanted, its just that it continuously execute the command and doesnt end it even with ctrl+c, q+enter, ctrl+d.

tried testing a similar command in a test directory
Code:
echo y | rm -i *

and it just remove the 1st file inside the directory. which is confusing when im trying to
Code:
echo p | jsmon pf=(profile of my application)

that runs endlessly. don't know why it keeps on executing "p".

Smilie

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-22-2016 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. Programming

execve to execute a program

I tried using the following code to execute a program but it doesnt seems to be working .. I would like to know whats wrong wit it . execve("/bin/cat", "words", NULL); (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute this program?

Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 16016 52% 2271 14% / /dev/hd2 4587520 1889420 59% 37791 4% /usr /dev/hd9var 65536 12032 82% 518 4% /var /dev/hd3 819200 637832 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathyaac
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill remote application launched via SSH command

Hi All I launch some application in a remote machine using ssh EXAMPLE ssh -X myname@mycompany@RemoteServerIp 'myApplicationName' When I want to kill the application I hit CTRL+C and I see a message 'Killed by signal 2'. Unfortunately on the remote machine the application is not really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manustone
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute program without using ./ or sh

Hi, I am a complete newbie for unix. I have just installed mysql on my MAC. I was wondering every time I wanted to use mysql I had to ./mysql or sh mysql everytime on /usr/local/bin/mysql/bin. How can I execute the mysql program without using ./ or sh. I chmod +x already. And what do I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppanit
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which script/shell/program launched a given script?

Dear gurus, I was wondering if anybody can help. Is it possible to distinguish whether a script was launched from a shell (interactively) or was called from another script? I basically need to do the following: if the script was run from the command line, I want to enable logging of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snakeye
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program from Shell

Hi I want to create a shell script tha executes a C program and then retrieves information about it. I managed to run the program with: #!/bin/bash gcc -o program program.c ./program Now i want to get the id of the process (pid) Any help would be appreciated, Thank you (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
18 Replies

9. Ubuntu

I can't execute a C++ program, help!

My professor gave me a code with no errors. When I compile it's fine, it doesn't show any errors, but when I try to execute it shows this: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token '(' line 3: 'int main()' I searched through the Internet but I couldn't find any solution. Please!!!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosiiieee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program Does not execute

Hi there, When I am trying to execute any shell script. The shell script only execute line 1 and I notice that the rest o the program was not executed. Please advise. # bash +x vmscript-4.sh Even when I enter this command there is not output. sudo su cd /tmp cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)