Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat The problem in the new partition Post 302984154 by RudiC on Friday 21st of October 2016 07:08:28 AM
Old 10-21-2016
I agree with hicksd. You could try fsck -N or fsck -n to check the file system. But I guess the result will be similar.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root partition was full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root partition full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.05 partition problem

Hardware: IBM 300PL 32MB RAM 60Gig HDD During the phase in SCO installation where I get to partition my hard disk, SCO only seems to see 8Gig out of the 60 that I have. Does anyone out there know of a utility or what I need to do to make the the whole 60Gig available. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard-disk partition is Full problem?

HI, Currently I am working in One of the webhosting company and I found on one of my server "/home" partition is getting full say 105% usage... But when I actually check the partition size using "du -h", exact partition utilization is only 60-70%. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with ext3 partition

I accidentally deleted one of my ext3 partitions from Windows XP. However, since I did not make new partitions over it, or format that area, I guess my data is safe. So I made a new partition with the same cylinder boundary values using fdisk (in Linux). But I cannot access my old data on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digjam
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition Permission Problem

I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.4.11. While modifying permissions using the Finder Info window on what I thought was a folder on a data partition, I inadvertently changed the permissions for the entire partition instead of the folder. Now I cannot access that partition nor any folders or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunky6767
3 Replies

8. Linux

problem to format linux partition

hi friends one week ago, i have installed fedoa 9 on my home pc. i already have windows xp on that machine. unfortunately my windows xp has corrupted. again i want to install windows xp but it is not installing. will i format my linux partition or some other option is there. please help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

10. AIX

Partition offset problem after re-mirror vg

We had a mirrored disk failed (not the rootvg), there are 3 lvs (transfer, applogs, arch) from extvg gone open/stale state. After replaced failed disk and run cfgmgr, the new replaced disk is visible: ) I did the following to re-mirror new disk: # extendvg prodvg hdisk3 # lspv (got new pvid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
2 Replies
REPARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    REPARTITION(8)

NAME
repartition - load a partition table SYNOPSIS
repartition device [partition-file] DESCRIPTION
Repartition uploads a new partition table for the partitions of device. The table is obtained from the first sector of partition-file if given, device otherwise. Device may refer to the whole drive or a primary partition, depending on whether you want to upload a partition or a subpartition table. The partitions will be truncated to fit within the enclosing device like the disk driver does, unless the numbers are coming from partition-file. EXAMPLES
repartition /dev/hd0 repartition /dev/hd4 /etc/hd4.table Reload the partition table of drive 0 setting /dev/hd[1-4], and the subpartition table of /dev/hd4 setting /dev/hd4[a-d] using a file. The latter may be useful if you need more than the 4 subpartitions a single Minix partition gives you. DIAGNOSTICS
The new table is printed on standard output. FILES
/dev/hd[0-9] SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8). BUGS
The disk must be in use for the changes to stick. The partition table of an idle disk will be reloaded on the first open. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) REPARTITION(8)