Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat The problem in the new partition Post 302984153 by hicksd8 on Friday 21st of October 2016 06:29:14 AM
Old 10-21-2016
"Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock" would tell me that there has been no filesystem created on the partition.

I'm not a RedHat expert but the generic Unix/Linux answer would be 'mkfs' but a RedHat expert will soon tell you what utility you should use.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root partition was full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root partition full and problem start

We have SunOS 5.7 m/c. Following is the situation and problem what we are facing - - The root partition was full. - No login was possible on server (not from console also) - M/c was power swithced off - After this only console login is possible. FTP is possible. No telnet is possible. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.05 partition problem

Hardware: IBM 300PL 32MB RAM 60Gig HDD During the phase in SCO installation where I get to partition my hard disk, SCO only seems to see 8Gig out of the 60 that I have. Does anyone out there know of a utility or what I need to do to make the the whole 60Gig available. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem re-formatting Disk Partition

I have a disk formatted as follows. Part Flag Tag Cylinders Size =================================================== 0 wm root 0 - 38125 26.18 Gb 1 wu swap 38126 - 49776 8 Gb 2 wm backup 0 - 49779 34.18 Gb 3 wm unassigned 4 wm unassigned 5 wm unassigned 6 wm unassigned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard-disk partition is Full problem?

HI, Currently I am working in One of the webhosting company and I found on one of my server "/home" partition is getting full say 105% usage... But when I actually check the partition size using "du -h", exact partition utilization is only 60-70%. So... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with ext3 partition

I accidentally deleted one of my ext3 partitions from Windows XP. However, since I did not make new partitions over it, or format that area, I guess my data is safe. So I made a new partition with the same cylinder boundary values using fdisk (in Linux). But I cannot access my old data on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digjam
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partition Permission Problem

I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.4.11. While modifying permissions using the Finder Info window on what I thought was a folder on a data partition, I inadvertently changed the permissions for the entire partition instead of the folder. Now I cannot access that partition nor any folders or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunky6767
3 Replies

8. Linux

problem to format linux partition

hi friends one week ago, i have installed fedoa 9 on my home pc. i already have windows xp on that machine. unfortunately my windows xp has corrupted. again i want to install windows xp but it is not installing. will i format my linux partition or some other option is there. please help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with Solaris Partition, I cant see it

Hi All, First post, I work as database developer (Oracle) My task is to setup a solaris system on a VMware installation which sits on a x86 server. I have installed the Os, applied patches (I think) and on VMWARE I added new hardware (Disk) which is where my database will be. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
5 Replies

10. AIX

Partition offset problem after re-mirror vg

We had a mirrored disk failed (not the rootvg), there are 3 lvs (transfer, applogs, arch) from extvg gone open/stale state. After replaced failed disk and run cfgmgr, the new replaced disk is visible: ) I did the following to re-mirror new disk: # extendvg prodvg hdisk3 # lspv (got new pvid on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
2 Replies
xfs_admin(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      xfs_admin(8)

NAME
xfs_admin - change parameters of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_admin [ -eflu ] [ -c 0|1 ] [ -L label ] [ -U uuid ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_admin uses the xfs_db(8) command to modify various parameters of a filesystem. Devices that are mounted cannot be modified. Administrators must unmount filesystems before xfs_admin or xfs_db(8) can convert parameters. A number of parameters of a mounted filesystem can be examined and modified using the xfs_growfs(8) command. OPTIONS
-e Enables unwritten extent support on a filesystem that does not already have this enabled (for legacy filesystems, it can't be dis- abled anymore at mkfs time). -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). -j Enables version 2 log format (journal format supporting larger log buffers). -l Print the current filesystem label. -u Print the current filesystem UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier). -c 0|1 Enable (1) or disable (0) lazy-counters in the filesystem. This operation may take quite a bit of time on large filesystems as the entire filesystem needs to be scanned when this option is changed. With lazy-counters enabled, the superblock is not modified or logged on every change of the free-space and inode counters. Instead, enough information is kept in other parts of the filesystem to be able to maintain the counter values without needing to keep them in the superblock. This gives significant improvements in performance on some configurations and metadata intensive workloads. -L label Set the filesystem label to label. XFS filesystem labels can be at most 12 characters long; if label is longer than 12 characters, xfs_admin will truncate it and print a warning message. The filesystem label can be cleared using the special "--" value for label. -U uuid Set the UUID of the filesystem to uuid. A sample UUID looks like this: "c1b9d5a2-f162-11cf-9ece-0020afc76f16". The uuid may also be nil, which will set the filesystem UUID to the null UUID. The uuid may also be generate, which will generate a new UUID for the filesystem. The mount(8) manual entry describes how to mount a filesystem using its label or UUID, rather than its block special device name. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8), xfs_db(8), xfs_growfs(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs(5). xfs_admin(8)