Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Create an user with limited permission on LUbuntu Post 302984127 by enodev on Thursday 20th of October 2016 08:57:56 PM
Old 10-20-2016
Create an user with limited permission on LUbuntu

Hello folks,

I pretend install Lubuntu 16.04 LTS in pc for any employer use this pc! I think create an user with, only, permission to read and write, 770.
This is the best scenario?
I think create this user through terminal, because I pretend create a script, and I don't where wizard has install on system for create and delete users!

I pretend disable Lubuntu Software Center, because I don't want which employers can install programs. This is the best shot?

I read, some here which, for a system more security, should change some relative with sudo and su! I can remember well about this! Any have an idea what can or should do relative with the su / sudo for the system be more security?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..?

Hi All, I'm using solaris 2.8, and I want create a new ftp user account with the following restrictions: - Have only ftp access, no telnet or rlogin - Have restricted access to its home directory example /export/home/newuser - Deny access to any other directory. Thanks for your help, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

4. Solaris

user with limited privileges

Hi, I tried to search, but could not find answer for this really: Is it possible to create a user that would have access only to a defined list of files? I would like to create a user that can access a set of files that are located behind different path. This user should not have access to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user with limited access

dear guys, sorry for asking a noob :p question, tried to search the forum for an answer but couldn't find one, i am running solaris 10 and i would like to create a user with limited access to view only one directory, the directory already exist, is this possible:confused:? thanks and regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating User account with limited permission

Hi All, I want to create an user account which can only excute "df -kh" and "prstat -a" command. The user will not be able to perform "rm" and other critical commands. Is there a way to do it? rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

7. Solaris

User with limited access to one directory

is there a way to create a user and limit him to read,write and execute only in one direcotry. the directory is already exsist and it belongs to dba group. i would like to make this user can't even cd to another directory or even if he can he cant do anything in the other directories. if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file with 777 permission.?

Hi Guys, I want to know is there any method to create a file having 777 permission. I am aware of umask, since it is only giving max. 666 permission for files this is not fulfilling my needs. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a Group with rwx permission?

I want to create a GROUP with rwx permission. Also, I want to create a GROUP with root privileges, so that next time i create a user, I just need to add it to any of the groups and privileges automatically applied. please help. Thanks, Shouvanik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shouvanik
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to create a user in UNIX with some limited permissions?

As i know, Unix or Linux only manages 2 type of user: root user or normal user. All users with userID=0 will have all administration permissions like root user with the system. In my case, i want to create a new user in HP-UNIX environment with all root permissions only one exception that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hieucn1404
5 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)