Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modification to awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modification to awk command Post 302983941 by SkySmart on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 05:05:56 PM
Old 10-18-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Try [?]>\n.
this fixed it. thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for modification date of a file

Good morning, I would like to find all files of a certain type and display their name as well as their modification date. In order to do this, I would do the following: find ./ -name *.csv | ???????? My question: what to put after the pipe instead of the question marks? Is there a basic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

in line modification in a file using awk

Hi, I have a conf.file with the following values: ef=78 b=40 ca=40 c=45/dev2 when I modify one of the line with the below awk script,it's modifying BUT it's placing the modified line in the last line : input:- Configure b 45/dev4 output:- ef=78 ca=40 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

I want the below script to omit every chunk of data that contains a specific hostname. here's the scenario. i have a configuration file that contains the configuration of several hosts. a sample of this configuration file is this: define host { address ... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk modification for lines

so i have this data in a file: jime=1860,yime=1.23243,lime= jime=1859,yime=1.23018,lime= jime=1825,yime=1.15371,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= jime=1841,yime=1.1897,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= i use this code to calculate the percentage difference of the number in column 2... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk output modification

Hello, I am using awk command to print some output, but there are some characters that I would like to remove from the output awk '{print $5$6}' the output I get is column5/:column6 I am looking forward to remove the : and to get the output column5/column6 Sorry if this question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command modification

below is a snippet of code from a larger perl code: my $uname = ( -e '/usr/bin/uname' ) ? '/usr/bin/uname' : '/bin/uname'; my $os = ( `$uname 2>/dev/null` ); when i run this code, it seems to be complaining about the backticks. is there any efficient way i can get rid of the backticks... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

can someone help me identify what i'm doing wrong here: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{c=0} /./ && /./ { if ($3 < 2) { print ; c++ } END { print c":OK" } else if (($3 >= 2) && ($3 < 4)) { print ; c++ } END { print c":WARNING" } else if ($3 >= 4) { print ; c++ } END { print c":CRITICAL" } }'... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with command modification

Hello folks; I'm using the following command to get the highest number of requests per second in a log file and it works well. grep "2017-02-22" "LogFile.log" | cut -c1-20 | uniq -c | sort -n | tail -n1 Now i would like to also get the smallest requests per second and the amount of time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)