Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Add an incrementing identity column to a file Post 302983935 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 02:53:55 PM
Old 10-18-2016
Here is an awk code that works with your sample file:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|"; Q="\""} {print Q (NR==1 ? "ID" : ++n) Q, $0}' file

And this one modifies column #3:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|"; Q="\""} {$3=Q (NR==1 ? "ID" : ++n) Q; print}' file

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 10-19-2016 at 05:26 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Port incrementing using one file

Hi I wrote this script with the help of you guyz.My next challenge is to increment the port using single file.So far iam using this code to increment hp1 and hp2 .To increment port numbers, iam using two different files (.default_port_hp1 and .default_port_hp2).The challenge for me is to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add letters to a column and add in a new column subtracting from another column

So I have this input 1 10327 rs112750067 T C . PASS DP=65;AF=0.208;CB=BC,NCBI 1 10469 rs117577454 C G . PASS DP=2055;AF=0.020;CB=UM,BC,NCBI 1 10492 rs55998931 C T . PASS DP=231;AF=0.167;CB=BC,NCBI 1 10583 rs58108140 G A ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

incrementing lines in the file & format output.

Hi All, I need read the file and out put format as below using ksh, I wrote below script its keep on repeating first line in the file. may i know the best way to get the below out put while incrementing line in the file. cat b.txt |awk '{print $0}' |while read line do aa=`cat $line |head -1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto incrementing a particular column values

Hi All, I have the input file(.csv) like below. SNo,Step,Data 1,0,1 2,0,2 3,1,1 4,2,2 5,0,3 6,0,4 and I need the following output. 1,0,1 2,0,2 3,1,1 4,2,2 5,3,3 6,3,4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change numbers in a file, incrementing them

Hello, Here's a file of mine: key1:431 key2:159 key3:998 I need to change these keys to something bigger - and I actually need to shift them all by a range of 3. The output would be: key1:434 key2:162 key3:1001 I can't find the propper sed/awk line that would alter all my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hello All, In the below script i am trying to check and list the file names, get the last file with highest version number and then increment the version number when i create another file. Example: file1 is COBANK_v1.xml and file2 i want to put it as COBANK_v2.xml, to achieve this i am using awk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add an incrementing identity column to a file

Two questions: 1) Is there a way to create a new column (i.e. ID) to an existing file containing data and the new column ID populate as an auto incrementing number? for example: (Current file has headers and is PIPE delimited.) **data looks like this** "COL1"|"COL2"|"COL3"|"COL4"|"COL5"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timlisa20
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hi, This is my first post here. I am using cygwin on Windows 7. I am starting with a data file with filename "name_1.ext", like "20180831_snapgenotypes_1.csv". The "_1" before ".ext" is a version number. Integers (0-99) are sufficient. They don't have to be like "1.0.0". The filename may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minimalist
2 Replies
DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)

db2_field_name - Returns the name of the column in the result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_name (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the specified column in the result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the name of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_name(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)