Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk and grep for sql generation Post 302983929 by wahi80 on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 01:41:51 PM
Old 10-18-2016
Pure Joy!! Smilie
Thoroughly schooled!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Loader Auto Number Generation

Hi all, I have a doubt in SQL Loader. We have SEQUENCE function in SQL Loader or can create Sequence in Oracle database for generating a number sequence for a column while loading data using SQL Loader into table or multiple tables. My requirment is this. For the first run in SQL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- report generation from input file

I have input file with below content: Person: Name: Firstname1 lastname1 Address: 111, Straat City : Hilversum Person: Name : Fistname2 lastname2 Address: 222, street Cit: Bussum Person: Name : Firstname2 lastname3 Address: 333, station straat City: Amsterdam I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic command line generation with awk

Hi, I'm not an expert in awk but i need a simple script to do this: I'd like to AutoCrop PDF files. I found 2 simple script that combined together could help me to automatize :) The first utiliti is "pdfinfo" that it gives the MediaBox and TrimBox values from the pdf. The pdfinfo output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Generation with Grep

All, I am pretty new to Unix Environment. I am not sure if my requirement can be accomplished in Unix. I did try searching this forum and others but could not get an answer. Requirement is explained below: I have a set of files in a folder. file1_unload file2_unload file3_unload... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random word generation with AWK

Hi - I have a word GTTCAGAGTTCTACAGTCCGACGAT I need to extract all the possible "chunks" of 7 or above letter "words" from this. SO, my out put should be GTTCAGA TTCAGAG TCAGAGT CAGAGTTCT TCCGACGAT CAGTCCGACG etc. How can I do that with awk or any other language? I have no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

7. Programming

[ask]SQL command act like sort and grep

for example, I have a text file in random content inside, maybe something like this. 234234 54654 123134 467456 24234234 7867867 23424 568567if I run this command cat "filename.txt" | sort -n | grep "^467456$" -A 1 -B 1the result is 234234 467456 568567is it possible to do this command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding The Complete SQL statement Using PDFGREP Or Grep

Linux Gods, I am simply attempting to parse SQL statements from a PDF doc in creating a base SQL script at a later time but for the life of me, am having a tough time extracting this data.This exact string worked perfectly a couple of months ago and now it doesnt. Below is an example of the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
pure-mrtginfo(8)						     Pure-FTPd							  pure-mrtginfo(8)

NAME
pure-mrtginfo - provide an MRTG-graphable user count for ftpd SYNOPSIS
pure-mrtginfo [server port] DESCRIPTION
Pure-Mrtginfo counts the number of clients currently connected to ftpd(8) and output the format in a format graphable by MRTG. OPTIONS
server port : defaults to 21. FILES
/proc/net/tcp is used to count the connectiont to port 21. /proc/sys/kernel/hostname is used to get the fully qualified hostname. /proc/uptime is used to get the uptime. MRTG
MRTG is a really nice package for graphing router traffic. Mrtg can also graph other information is available via SNMP or by running a program such as pure-mrtginfo. The author of this program uses it to graph CPU load, /var usage etc., and naturally the number of users connected to his FTP servers. See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/ for more information about MRTG. BUGS
This program only works on GNU/Linux systems yet. HOME PAGE
http://www.pureftpd.org/ AUTHOR AND LICENSE
Written by Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra@troll.no> and copyright 1995-2002 Troll Tech AS, Waldemar Thranes gate 98B, N-0175 Oslo, Norway, fax +47 22806380. Pure-FTPd (C)opyleft 2001-2011 by Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> and the Pure-FTPd team. Use, modification and distribution is allowed without limitation, warranty, or liability of any kind. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd Team 1.0.36 pure-mrtginfo(8)