Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk and grep for sql generation Post 302983920 by greet_sed on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 12:53:03 PM
Old 10-18-2016
Hi,

Chubler_XL & Don solutions are perfect Smilie

Hope following details helps .

Code:
T[$1"."$2]=$3
T[$1"."F[i+1]]=="string"

Considering input sample in desc.txt , field seperator is set to F "[ |]*".
Code:
 T[$1"."$2]=$3

$3 will be empty "".

Here , i is assigned from for loop and F[0] inner array gets value from split function .
Note string is unset and it is empty .
Code:
T[$1"."F[i+1]]=="string"

Quote:
FNR==NR would process desc.txt
FNR>1 would process pk.txt
FNR - Current input record read in current file. When awk start processing a new input file, it resets FNR to zero.
NR - Number of current input record from beginning of the script started.
FNR==NR is equal to one ,only once ie when reading the first input file.
It is next command in first block {} which makes awk not to read the second pattern (FNR>1) and its statement block ({}).
Hence first input file ie desc.txt is completely processed (here 3 lines).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Loader Auto Number Generation

Hi all, I have a doubt in SQL Loader. We have SEQUENCE function in SQL Loader or can create Sequence in Oracle database for generating a number sequence for a column while loading data using SQL Loader into table or multiple tables. My requirment is this. For the first run in SQL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- report generation from input file

I have input file with below content: Person: Name: Firstname1 lastname1 Address: 111, Straat City : Hilversum Person: Name : Fistname2 lastname2 Address: 222, street Cit: Bussum Person: Name : Firstname2 lastname3 Address: 333, station straat City: Amsterdam I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic command line generation with awk

Hi, I'm not an expert in awk but i need a simple script to do this: I'd like to AutoCrop PDF files. I found 2 simple script that combined together could help me to automatize :) The first utiliti is "pdfinfo" that it gives the MediaBox and TrimBox values from the pdf. The pdfinfo output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report Generation with Grep

All, I am pretty new to Unix Environment. I am not sure if my requirement can be accomplished in Unix. I did try searching this forum and others but could not get an answer. Requirement is explained below: I have a set of files in a folder. file1_unload file2_unload file3_unload... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random word generation with AWK

Hi - I have a word GTTCAGAGTTCTACAGTCCGACGAT I need to extract all the possible "chunks" of 7 or above letter "words" from this. SO, my out put should be GTTCAGA TTCAGAG TCAGAGT CAGAGTTCT TCCGACGAT CAGTCCGACG etc. How can I do that with awk or any other language? I have no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

7. Programming

[ask]SQL command act like sort and grep

for example, I have a text file in random content inside, maybe something like this. 234234 54654 123134 467456 24234234 7867867 23424 568567if I run this command cat "filename.txt" | sort -n | grep "^467456$" -A 1 -B 1the result is 234234 467456 568567is it possible to do this command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14th
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding The Complete SQL statement Using PDFGREP Or Grep

Linux Gods, I am simply attempting to parse SQL statements from a PDF doc in creating a base SQL script at a later time but for the life of me, am having a tough time extracting this data.This exact string worked perfectly a couple of months ago and now it doesnt. Below is an example of the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)