Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp Commands not executing via cgi script Post 302983869 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 05:14:22 AM
Old 10-18-2016
This might be a permissions issue. Remember that the webserver account (often Apache) will be the one that calls your code. What do you have in the error logs?

Can you run any cgi-script through your webserver, e.g. just a simple Hello display. That way we can check that you have the code in the right place too.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing ksh script from cgi

Hi all, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hodges
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on Executing unix commands in script

How can I execute the unix command "cd - Change directory" command, so that my command prompt should be reflected for that change. Example : Now you are in your home directory i.e /home/naresh and you have some sub directory called unixinfo in your home directory. i want to write a script,so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing TL1 commands through script

HI , I have to write a script for some testing , which will telnet to a device and execute some TL1 commands.. Does any one knows how to execute TL1 commands through a script Thanks in advance Binu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msbinu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

executing cgi programs in solaris(B89) needed urgent help,pls!

Hi all, I am trying to execute cgi scripts on solaris, but everytime i get a internal server error... The syntax of my .cgi script is correct as ive checked.. Steps i followed 1.started apache 2.The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts (in opera) 3.places my cgi scripts... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
7 Replies

6. Web Development

cgi script and external UNIX commands (like swadm)

Hi, I am trying to implement a server monitoring dashboard using cgi scripting. I am planning to run the necessary unix scripts from the web page using cgi. This method works fine for standard unix commands but I am unable to run some external unix commands (like swadm show_processes, swadm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jofinjoseph
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script containing awk commands

Hi All, I am trying to execute a shell script containg awk commands. But unable to do so. Below is my script. Please help. The name of the script is scan.sh and I have tried executing it using the command sh scan.sh It is giving an error which reads like: awk:syntax error near line 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem unix commands in Perl CGI

I am trying to run SSH , mkdir and other unix commands using Perl CGI. But i am not able to Execute these commands. Please help me out !!!! SSH and mkdir is necessity for me. I will be thankful to you...!!!!! I am trying like: In perl CGI file i am writing like: @list = `ssh... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
28 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SCP in backgroung using Perl CGI

Hi I am Run Perl CGI Script. In which i am running SCP Command. But I want that command to be run into background and exit the script. But Still Web page waiting for Finish the script. I m doing like : system ("scp -r machinename:/path/to/file/for/copy/ /path/for/ destination/directory/ &");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not executing after FTP in shell script

Hello In the shell script we have a FTP command like below ftp -n -v -q winftp.principal.com >/infa/datafiles/GRP/Scripts/ftp_from_infa_dvcn.log<<END_SCRIPT   quote USER $FTP_USER quote PASS $FTP_PASS ascii lcd $FTP_LOCALDIR cd $FTP_FLDR put $FTP_FILE   bye exit If i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies
VLOGGER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						VLOGGER(1)

NAME
vlogger - flexible log rotation and usage tracking in perl SYNOPSIS
vlogger [OPTIONS]... [LOGDIR] DESCRIPTION
Vlogger is designed to make webserver log rotation simple and easy to manage. It deals with VirtualHost logs automatically, so only one directive is required to manage all hosts on a webserver. Vlogger takes piped output from Apache or another webserver, splits off the first field, and writes the logs to logfiles in subdirectories. It uses a filehandle cache to avoid resource limitations. It will start a new logfile at the beginning of a new day, and optionally start new files when a certain filesize is reached. It can maintain a symlink to the most recent log for easy access. Optionally, host parsing can be disabled for use in ErrorLog directives. To use vlogger, you need to add a "%v" to the first part of your LogFormat: LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"" combined Then call it from a customlog: CustomLog "| /usr/sbin/vlogger -s access.log -u www-logs -g www-logs /var/log/apache" combined OPTIONS
Options are given in short format on the command line. -a Do not autoflush files. This may improve performance but may break logfile analyzers that depend on full entries in the logs. -e ErrorLog mode. In this mode, the host parsing is disabled, and the file is written out using the template under the specified LOGDIR. -n Disables rotation. This option disables rotation altogether. -f MAXFILES Maximum number of filehandles to keep open. Defaults to 100. Setting this value too high may result in the system run- ning out of file descriptors. Setting it too low may affect performance. -u UID Change user to UID when running as root. -g GID Change group to GID when running as root. -t TEMPLATE Filename template using Date::Format codes. Default is "%m%d%Y-access.log", or "%m%d%Y-error.log". When using the -r option, the default becomes "%m%d%Y-%T-access.log" or "%m%d%Y-%T-error.log". -s SYMLINK Specifies the name of a symlink to the current file. -r SIZE Rotate files when they reach SIZE. SIZE is given in bytes. -d CONFIG Use the DBI usage tracker. -h Displays help. -v Prints version information. DBI USAGE TRACKER
Vlogger can automatically keep track of per-virtualhost usage statistics in a database. DBI and the relevant drivers (eg. DBD::mysql) needs to be installed for this to work. Create a table in your database to hold the data. A "mysql_create.sql" script is provided for using this feature with MySQL. Configure the dsn, user, pass and dump values in the vlogger-dbi.conf file. The "dump" parameter controls how often vlogger will dump its stats into the database (the default is 30 seconds). Copy this file to somewhere convienient on your filesystem (like /etc/apache/vlogger-dbi.conf) and start vlogger with "-d /etc/apache/vlogger-dbi.conf". You might want to use this feature to easily bill customers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for bandwidth usage. SEE ALSO
cronolog(1), httplog(1) BUGS None, yet. AUTHORS Steve J. Kondik <;shade@chemlab.org> WWW: http://n0rp.chemlab.org/vlogger perl v5.8.6 2005-03-18 VLOGGER(1)