Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color coding breaks ls?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Color coding breaks ls? Post 302983856 by GreatBigBore on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 02:25:47 AM
Old 10-18-2016
Thank you guys so much! When I first saw the problem, I didn't associate it with the script. I thought my file system was corrupted. I almost reinstalled the os on my machine. Thanks again.

P.S. It works great, but of course you knew it would.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can some servers do color-coding?

What is it that allows emacs (terminal-based) on one server to serve up color-coding while on another server it only comes up black & white? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
moniker(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      moniker(3pm)

NAME
UNIVERSAL::moniker - Nicer names for your Perl modules/classes SYNOPSIS
use UNIVERSAL::moniker; DESCRIPTION
Class names in Perl often don't sound great when spoken, or look good when written in prose. For this reason, we tend to say things like "customer" or "basket" when we are referring to "My::Site::User::Customer" or "My::Site::Shop::Basket". We thought it would be nice if our classes knew what we would prefer to call them. This module will add a "moniker" (and "plural_moniker") method to "UNIVERSAL", and so to every class or module. moniker $ob->moniker; Returns the moniker for $ob. So, if $ob->isa("Big::Scary::Animal"), "moniker" will return "animal". plural_moniker $ob->plural_moniker; Returns the plural moniker for $ob. So, if $ob->isa("Cephalopod::Octopus"), "plural_moniker" will return "octopuses". (You need to install Lingua::EN::Inflect for this to work.) AUTHORS
Marty Pauley <marty+perl@kasei.com>, Tony Bowden <tony@kasei.com>, Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz@dijkmat.nl> (Yes, 3 authors for such a small module!) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Kasei This program is free software; you can redistribute it under the same terms as Perl. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.10.0 2009-06-09 moniker(3pm)