Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color coding breaks ls?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Color coding breaks ls? Post 302983856 by GreatBigBore on Tuesday 18th of October 2016 02:25:47 AM
Old 10-18-2016
Thank you guys so much! When I first saw the problem, I didn't associate it with the script. I thought my file system was corrupted. I almost reinstalled the os on my machine. Thanks again.

P.S. It works great, but of course you knew it would.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why can some servers do color-coding?

What is it that allows emacs (terminal-based) on one server to serve up color-coding while on another server it only comes up black & white? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
GIT-SH-I18N(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-SH-I18N(1)

NAME
git-sh-i18n - Git's i18n setup code for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-i18n" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The 'git sh-i18n scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by Git's porcelain programs implemented in shell script. It provides wrappers for the GNU gettext and eval_gettext functions accessible through the gettext.sh script, and provides pass-through fallbacks on systems without GNU gettext. FUNCTIONS
gettext Currently a dummy fall-through function implemented as a wrapper around printf(1). Will be replaced by a real gettext implementation in a later version. eval_gettext Currently a dummy fall-through function implemented as a wrapper around printf(1) with variables expanded by the git-sh- i18n--envsubst(1) helper. Will be replaced by a real gettext implementation in a later version. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SH-I18N(1)