Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat I need help configuring postfix mail server within AWS Post 302983834 by Padow1 on Monday 17th of October 2016 03:53:05 PM
Old 10-17-2016
Two things to check:

1) Did you configure postfix to listen on the correct IP in /etc/postfix/main.cf? inet_interfaces is probably the option you are looking for. you can see if postfix is listening with:
Code:
lsof -i :25

2) are you allowing inbound port 25 traffic in your ec2 security group?

Setting up a mail server is not easy. If you are interested in a guide to get all the necessary pieces set up, here is what I used. This guide is based on ubuntu, but I was able to get all of this working on a CentOS7 KVM instance that I then converted and is running in EC2. The only real bang-your-head-against-the-wall pieces with these instructions were getting clamav and spamassassin and their associated milters to work properly. Once that is all working, converting it to use mysql for passwords and accounts was fairly simple.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring my PostFix Mail Server

Hi folks! I have a Postfix email server running on my MacOs x box. I would like to customize this automatic message to portuguese language: ============ This is the Postfix program at host myserver.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring Linux box with the smtp mail server

Hi all, I was trying to configure SMTP server with my linux box. I made changes to the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf whereby editing the line DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=<port number>,Addr=<mail server name>, Name=MTA')dnl after this ive created a new sendmail.cf file by using the command m4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Reg:Postfix Mail Server

We have a redhat enterprise linux 4 server.we have configured postfix as our MTA.squirrel mail as webmail and apache is configured for webserver.We configured outlook as mail client.The mail server is working and our users ae saving a copy of mail in the linux server.Our problem is whenever the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramjimh
0 Replies

4. Programming

Mail sending from VFP9 through internal postfix esmtp server.

hi all, please help me in this regard. I am VFP 9 programmer. I want to send the mail from within VFP 9 application. I have used CDO of microsoft which is working fine. however to be able to send the mail i have to setup the router gateway on user machine which enable him to surf through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choudharidl
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring mail to send email from server to client

Hi, I want to send an email from server to my gmail account for all critical messages reported in the server. Kindly help me in configuring the same. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need an help in configuring Postfix mail relay server

Hello, We have 2 servers, server A and Server B in same domain. I have already configured the Serevr A to send an email to the internet (outside domain) by opening the port 25 to the internet. Now I need to send an email to the outside domain from Server B using server A. I have opened the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
casparize(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						      casparize(1)

NAME
      casparize - Set up caspar Makefile in a new directory

SYNOPSIS
      casparize dir (/path/to/config/dir)

casparize file (/path/to/config/dir/file)

DESCRIPTION
      casparize  creates  a  new  configuration  working directory in your current working directory, sets up a Makefile for caspar(7) in this new
      directory, and optionally copies an original configuration file from its original system place to the newly  created  configuration  working
      directory.

USAGE
      You typically use casparize when you already have created the root configuration working directory with its include directory and install.mk
      Caspar include file. By analysing your current working directory and the configuration directory path you give on  the  command  line,  cas-
      parize  can  deduce the contents of the Makefile in the newly created configuration working directory. It creates the new directory, creates
      the correct Makefile, and optionally copies the given configuration file in the new directory, ready for its first version commit.

EXAMPLES
      A typical example:

$ cd <svn>/etc
	$ casparize /etc/postfix/main.cf

creates the directory <svn>/etc/postfix, creates <svn>/etc/postfix/Makefile including the proper content,  and  copies  /etc/postfix/main.cf
      into <svn>/etc/postfix/main.cf. You can now directly add and commit the new directory.

BUGS
      Non known at this moment.

AUTHOR
      Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

casparize 20120508						      8 mai 2012							casparize(1)