Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to match and apply condtions to matchijng files in directories Post 302983719 by cmccabe on Saturday 15th of October 2016 01:47:40 PM
Old 10-15-2016
Code:
for file in "/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt"
do
    file1="/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/test_tvc/${file%%.txt}"
    if [[ -f file1 ]]
    then
         awk 'FNR==NR{A[$2]=$0;next} ($2 in A){if($10>30 && $11>49){print A[$2] >> "Match_in_both_files_and_meet_criteria";delete A[$2]}} END{for(i in A){print A[i] >> "out_no_match_found_values"}}'  $file $file1 > /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/final/${file}_final.txt
    fi
done

the portion in bold was added to store the results of each comparison in the /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/final directory.

Here is the error I get. Thank you Smilie.

Code:
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/test_tvc//home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*' for reading (No such file or directory)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script - Count Files In Directories

Hey, I'm very new to AWK and am trying to write a script that counts the number of files in all subdirectories. So, basically, my root has many subdirectories, and each subdirectory has many files. How can I get the total count? I haven't been able to figure out how to loop through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beefeater267
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do UNIX Permission apply to sub directories?

Hi Guys, Can you tell me if unix permissions apply to sub dirs? Dir is /home/ops/batch/files/all /home is rwxrwxrwx ops is rwxrwxrwx batch is rwxr-wr-w files is rwxrwxrwx all is rwxrwxrwx Having problems writing to all (does the userid nee to be the batch owner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

apply record separator to multiple files within a directory using awk

Hi, I have a bunch of records within a directory where each one has this form: (example file1) 1 2 50 90 80 90 43512 98 0909 79869 -9 7878 33222 8787 9090 89898 7878 8989 7878 6767 89 89 78676 9898 000 7878 5656 5454 5454 and i want for all of these files to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the directories with same permission and then apply some default UNIX commands

HI there. My teacher asked us to write a code for this question Write a Unix shell script named 'mode' that accepts two or more arguments, a file mode, a command and an optional list of parameters and performs the given command with the optional parameters on all files with that given mode. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: femchi
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Finding the directories with same permission and then apply some default UNIX commands

Write a Unix shell script named 'mode' that accepts two or more arguments, a file mode, a command and an optional list of parameters and performs the given command with the optional parameters on all files with that given mode. For example, mode 644 ls -l should perform the command ls -l on all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Compare files in two different directories

Hi, My script works fine when I have both input files in the same directory but when I put on of the input file in another directory, the output does not show up. SCRIPT: awk ' BEGIN { OFS="\t" out = "File3.txt"} NR==FNR && NF {a=$0; next} function print_77_99() { if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - pattern match - apply substitution

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX and in process of creating a re-startable script that connects to Oracle and executes the statements. The sample contents of the file1 is CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB1 AS SELECT * FROM DB_T.TAB1; .... CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB10 AS SELECT * FROM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk move select fields to match file prefix in two directories

In the awk below I am trying to use the file1 as a match to file2. In file2 the contents of $5,&6,and $7 (always tab-delimited) and are copied to the output under the header Quality metrics. The below executes but the output is empty. I have added comments to help and show my thinking. Thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)