Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Update kernel Linux without reboot?! Post 302983691 by mnnn on Friday 14th of October 2016 11:44:38 PM
Old 10-15-2016
Thanks
Is there a way in centos?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. AIX

update w/o reboot

Hi, The apar instructions is to reboot on the ibm site. Is there's a way to update apar w/o reboot? I think I heard something before that it's possible. Thanks in any idea you will type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris kernel Update

Hi All, I am installing kernel Update 3.0 in my Solaris servers. It actually installs most of the patches in this update , but for some packages it is not installing. It is saying ... Version of package SUNWcakr from directory SUNWcakr.us in patch 137137-09 differs from the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

4. Solaris

kernel update

Hi I am installeing Solaris Kernel update in my solaris Server. The Solaris Kernel update skipps the patch 120011-14. saying that it had already been installed. But it is not found in /var/sadm/patch directory where all the patches will be there. And also i could not install other... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

5. Red Hat

Kernel Update

1. Where do i obtain new kernels in ".rpm" format to update my RHEL5? is it only available to RHN subscribers? 2. i downloaded latest kernel (linux-2.6.31.5.tar.bz2) from kernel.org. #tar -xjvf linux-2.6.31.5.tar.bz2 after this i have a directory with lots of stuff in there. how do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to automatically reboot to newly compiled kernel with fallback

Hi, I'm new here. Just started playing around with kernel compilation. I need a little bit of advice. I'm trying to do a bash script to automatically compile a kernel package and reboot to that new kernel by default, with fallback to the old kernel. So far, I'm getting stuck at the part... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tridus_08
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Kernel panic after hard reboot and fsck

Could you please help with problem with megaraid controller and Dell PowerEdge 2850, all that I can see on thi screenshot: All drives successfuly passed verifing from LSI controllers (Ctrl+A at startup), also I tried to boot from rescue llive cd and mount all the morrored drives and check... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikkadim
22 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux kernel update

Dear all, I have some linux servers in my prod environment. For two years i have not done any kernel updates or required patches ...should i have to this activity. My kernel version is 2.6.18-164.el5xen and linux release is release 5.4 (Tikanga). And reboot also not done for 2 years is... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. AIX

Loading AIX kernel extensions on reboot

Greetings, Does anyone know how to load AIX kernel extensions on reboot? I know that Oracle loads it's postwait kernel extension via a executable in /etc/inittab. I'm assuming this executable calls the "sysconfig" system call and loads it. What if I wrote my own? What is the proper way in AIX to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbleistein
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reboot does not work after update

Hi guys, thanks for your help. I recently did a yum update on my rhel6.4 server. After this update, user logins take for ever and the reboot command does not work. When I do a reboot, the server hangs. Nothing happens. Any help with this will be appreciated. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies
OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)					      Virtualization Support						 OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)

NAME
osinfo-query - Query information in the database SYNOPSIS
osinfo-query [OPTIONS...] TYPE [CONDITION-1 [CONDITION-2 ...]] DESCRIPTION
The "osinfo-query" command allows extraction of information from the database. TYPE can be one of "os", "platform", "device", or "deployment". With no conditions specified, all entities of the given type will be listed. # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query os Short ID | Name ... ----------------------+----------- centos-6.0 | CentOS 6.0 ... centos-6.1 | CentOS 6.1 ... ... Conditions allow filtering based on specific properties of an entity. For example, to filter only distros from the Fedora Project, use # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query os vendor="Fedora Project" Short ID | Name ... ----------------------+-------------- fedora1 | Fedora Core 1 ... fedora2 | Fedora Core 2 ... ... The set of fields which are printed can be controlled using the "--fields" command line argument: # List all operating systems $ osinfo-query --fields=short-id,version os vendor="Fedora Project" Short ID | Version ----------------------+---------- fedora1 | 1 fedora2 | 2 ... OPTIONS
-s PROPERTY, --sort-key PROPERTY Set the data sorting key. Defaults sorting the first column -f PROPERTY1,PROPERTY2,..., --fields PROPERTY1,PROPERTY2,... Set the visibility of properties in output PROPERTY NAMES
OS Valid property names for the "os" type are: short-id The short OS identifier name The long OS name version The OS version string family The OS kernel family vendor The OS vendor release-date The OS release date eol-date The OS end-of-life date codename The OS code name id The OS identifier PLATFORM Valid property names for the "platform" type are: short-id The short platform identifier name The long platform name version The platform version string vendor The platform vendor release-date The platform release date eol-date The platform end-of-life date codename The platform code name id The platform identifier DEVICE Valid property names for the "device" type are: name The device name product The device product name product-id The device product ID string vendor The device vendor name vendor-id The device vendor ID string class The device type class bus The device bus type id The device identifier DEPLOYMENT Valid property names for the "deployment" type are: id The deployment identifier EXIT STATUS
The exit status will be 0 if matching entries were found, or 1 if not matches were found SEE ALSO
"osinfo-db-validate(1)", "osinfo-detect(1)" AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. LICENSE
"osinfo-query" is distributed under the termsof the GNU LGPL v2+ license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE libosinfo-0.2.7 2013-02-06 OSINFO-QUERY.C(1)