Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping Windows 10 Clients?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Stopping Windows 10 Clients? Post 302983539 by ScottyPC on Wednesday 12th of October 2016 06:20:32 PM
Old 10-12-2016
Stopping Windows 10 Clients?

As I know you are all aware Windows 10 poses some serious security concerns. My question is three fold.

1. Is there a way to stop Windows 10 clients from accessing a web server?
2. What would be the MS counter punch to that? ie: how would they circumvent. (mask browser credentials?)
3. Is there a way to stop or prevent #2 ?

I ask these questions because like it or not, this OS poses a serious threat to everyone- not just those using it. Kick this around a bit and let's see if we can find a solution.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive from UNIX Server to Windows Clients

hi all ;; I have a Tru64 UNIX machine , first i want my employees ( windows clients) to see specific directory on unix , and how can i put a unix command in a visual basic code to copy the contents of that directory to drive c in the client side who request that by clicking a push button. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
HWND(3TK)						       Tk Library Procedures							 HWND(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetHWND, Tk_AttachHWND - manage interactione between the Windows handle and an X window SYNOPSIS
#include <tkPlatDecls.h> HWND Tk_GetHWND(window) Window Tk_AttachHWND(tkwin, hwnd) ARGUMENTS
Window window (in) X token for window. Tk_Window tkwin (in) Tk window for window. HWND hwnd (in) Windows HWND for window. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetHWND returns the Windows HWND identifier for X Windows window given by window. Tk_AttachHWND binds the Windows HWND identifier to the specified Tk_Window given by tkwin. It returns an X Windows window that encapsulates the HWND. KEYWORDS
identifier, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 8.0 HWND(3TK)