Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Simple C program to count word lengths Post 302983537 by disedorgue on Wednesday 12th of October 2016 06:08:09 PM
Old 10-12-2016
Hi,
Already, you have typo:
Code:
               else if (state == IN) {
                    state == OUT;
                    ++maxlength[wl];
                    wl = 0;

Regards.
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I count # of char. in a word?

I havent done shell scripting in quite some time. I want to know how to count the number of characters in a word, specifically a parameter. Example: myscript hello I want "myscript" to return the number of charcaters in the parameter "hello". Any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count word

hi, given a file i need to get the first line and secodn line and count each of the line whether the length of first line and second line is the same i don;t know how to get the length of the line...seems like use 'wc' cannot do it... please advice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariuscy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified word count

hi iam trying to do a specified word count on file called text i have a few ideas but don't get the result i want do any one have a idea please help i have this at the moment cat text echo "Please enter the word you are looking for:" read string echo "the word < $string > occurs in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaviknp
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word Count

Hi All, Please let me know how to get the count of a particular word in a file. Example. I am looking for count of word 'result' in a file abc.xml. Thanks, Shankar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_chowhan
10 Replies

5. Fedora

word count wc

could someone explain this please. echo aaaa|wc -c 5 echo aaaa|wc -m 5 But I'd expect the count to be 4 Its SunOS 5.8 Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word count of lines ending with certain word

Hi all, I am trying to write a command that can help me count the number of lines in the /etc/passwd file ending in bash. I have read through other threads but am yet to find one indicating how to locate a specifc word at the end of a line. I know i will need to use the wc command but when i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Word count

Script that lists all words used in one or more files and displays their count (pattern /\W+/ to split the lines of the input file into words can b used).. It should display list in format word:count...gets Filename as an cmd line argument! eg: $perl test doc (where doc is d file we are going to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if, word count

Hi, I need to count the lines of a file stack.html and if the amount lines i want to do something. At this moment, I have if ; then ... This is not working. Any ideas? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azertyazerty
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word Count error

I need to read a trigger file whose name can be: ABC!DEF@2014.txt or ABC!DEF@2014,2015.txt and then carry out functions on those inputs. Currently I am doing: YEAREXPORT { FILE= xyz.txt ls ABC* -l > ${FILE} if ; then log_err "Trigger File ABC* does not exist!" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajiv_kool
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Checker -- check the Pod syntax of a document SYNOPSIS
perl -MPod::Simple::Checker -e "exit Pod::Simple::Checker->filter(shift)->any_errata_seen" thingy.pod DESCRIPTION
This class is for checking the syntactic validity of Pod. It works by basically acting like a simple-minded version of Pod::Simple::Text that formats only the "Pod Errors" section (if Pod::Simple even generates one for the given document). This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple, Pod::Simple::Text, Pod::Checker SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/ <http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.14.2 2012-05-23 Pod::Simple::Checker(3pm)