Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a script on remote server kills my login session Post 302983470 by Just Ice on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 05:13:31 PM
Old 10-11-2016
your double quotes are wrong ...

if you look at the red-colored characters below, you will see that you have 2 groupings of "command arguments" with the '&&' operator in between.
Code:
ssh -l username@hostname "echo "( cd /tmp\`hostname\` && exec ./test.sh )" | at now"

since the exec command immediately follows &&, your malformed command line is basically saying run the ssh command and then run exec. correct code should be ...
Code:
ssh -l username@$hostname "echo '(cd /tmp\`hostname\` && exec ./test.sh)' | at now"

or something closer. verify on your platform. either way, your error is with your command groupings done by your double quotes.
This User Gave Thanks to Just Ice For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a script on remote server.

I need to run a script on a remote server from my ksh script. The issue I'm having is that I need to logon to the remote server as a different user. (see the following) logged on to server 1 as adsmgr neet to log on to server 2 as odemgr run passwd_util.ksh Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whited05
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a remote Server through perl script

Hello people, I am want to run a server on remote machine through perl scripting using telnet api. Now when I try to do so, the server gets started perfectly, but as soon as I close the telnet connection in the script, the server started on the remote machine suddenly goes down. I also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrak
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running processes on remote server.

Hi, I am trying to write a script, which queries a db to get the names of processes, stores it in a file and then checks if that process is running on a remote server. However I am not getting it right, could anyone help me out. #!/bin/sh echo "select Address from Device where Cust =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Script in a Remote server

I am trying to write a script that would let me run a command in a remote server using ssh. scriptA: (dcm2nii is a command that only works on the other server) dcm2nii a b c scriptB: (I run this one on the current server) ssh -X otherserver /home/abc/Desktop/scriptA But when I do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZeroGPX
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to execute shell script on remote server with in sftp session

Hi, I want to execute shell script with in sftp session for remote server. like i have a shell script test.sh that is on local server.i want to execute that script on remote server sftp user@192.168.56.10 sftp> test.sh ---execute for remote server not for local server. sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script on remote server

Hi All, I need to run a ksh script on around 200 servers(consisting of AIX,LInux,HP-UX,Solaris). The script is there in the /tmp directory of all the servers. I want want to execute the script in background on the respective servers and then exit from there. I have written something like below:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script to automate login in to remote server

Greetings, guys. I'm not much of a programmer forgive me for being a noob, because of someone leaving, I was put in an IT spot where I have to figure out a few things. Being new to Linux and programming has been a challenge. My boss has asked me to create an automated script to connect to a 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovannym
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)