Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nohup not give expected output. Non-stop running process Post 302983452 by baris35 on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 03:50:50 PM
Old 10-11-2016
Works very nice
Thanks once again Rudic!!

Kind regards
Boris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of NOHUP - How to keep the child process running even if I close the Server connection

Hi. ! When I use the 'NOHUP' along with the '&', the process will be running in the background. Even when I attempt to close (Meaning 'EXIT') the session (say PUTTY in this case), it wont exit unless the process is completed. But, say when I forcefully terminate the session (SHUT DOWN the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WinBarani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to stop the process that is running continously

Hi there, I have written a script to check daily process, each script is in a different directory. Now the first process is running fine, when it goes to the next directory the process doesn't executes. cd result/logs ref=month_1888.log echo $ref>> $logfile cd /max/tot/first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process running? Stop it

I have this "process keepalive" script: #!/bin/bash PIDFILE=/tmp/php.pid PHPSCRIPT=/home/www/mydomain.com/subdomains/www/parser.php echo 'Checking php process from PID file' if ; then PID=`cat $PIDFILE` if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $PID > /dev/null then echo "php process still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop nohup which is working background

Please I have run a background script using nohup please tell me way to stop this. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nohup not working as expected

Hi. I am trying to start a script on my router that will execute even if i log off. To execute the script I write: nohup ./dslconnection > dslstat.out 2>&1 & It starts the job: 21968 admin 1604 S /bin/ash ./dslconnection The problem is that when I log back in the job has been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebcou
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send output of a background process to a file other than nohup.out?

I have a question. I will be running a background process using nohup and & command at end. I want to send output to a file say myprocess.out. So will this command work? nohup myprocess.ksh > myprocess.out & Thanks in advance guys !!! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pause process running under nohup?

Hi ALL, Is there any way to pause a running process under nohup ? I have fired a build commands with required flags under nohup as below. now how can I pause the started build process. nohup make DEVICE=ap DEBUG=1 & I understand we can use ctrl + z to pause a foreground process... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running process in nohup

Hi All, I am facing issue in running a process in nohup. I ran a process in terminal since it is taking too long to complete I need to make it as background and nohup. I tried below and was able to make it in back ground 1. Cntrl + Z 2. bg I am using Korn Shell so disown is not working... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

PS output is not displaying full process running

I have 4 HPUX 11.31 servers with the same Quality Pack bundles. "AS FAR AS I CAN TELL" no system files have been modified. /usr/bin/ps is the same date size and creation date terminfo file (x-->xterm) is the same date size and creation date shell (ksh) is the same date size and creation date ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies
BUNDLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BUNDLE(1)

NAME
bundle - collect files for distribution SYNOPSIS
bundle file ... DESCRIPTION
Bundle writes on its standard output a shell script for rc(1) or a Bourne shell which, when executed, will recreate the original files. Its main use is for distributing small numbers of text files by mail(1). Although less refined than standard archives from ar(1) or tar(1), a bundle file is self-documenting and complete; little preparation is required on the receiving machine. EXAMPLES
bundle mkfile *.[ch] | mail kremvax!boris Send a makefile to Boris together with related and files. Upon receiving the mail, Boris may save the file sans postmark, say in gift/horse, then do cd gift; rc horse; mk SOURCE
/rc/bin/bundle SEE ALSO
ar(1), tar(1), mail(1) BUGS
Bundle will not create directories and is unsatisfactory for non-text files. Beware of gift horses. BUNDLE(1)