Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there generic Encryption / Masking Tool available ? Post 302983410 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 08:19:35 AM
Old 10-11-2016
Is this not a flawed project in any case? If the code is written to en/decrypt, then anyone reading the code can decrypt, so your security is lost.

What external key do you have to validate the user? A one-way encryption and user entry would be better.

If you are looking to store a password for use connecting to another system for a process to be performed or data transferred, you would probably be better investigating SSH keys.

Can you tell us more about the purpose of the code?

Robin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Masking

Is it possible for a internal LAN to mask a IP e.g. i have a server ip running the intranet ip being 192.168.0.8 and i want to make that like www.intranet.com is this possible on a internal network ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Encryption Tool for SCO OPenserver

What would you recommend for encryption on a SCO unix box, with local application only? My box is not on the internet, and all I want to do is take a text file of digits and encrypt them. Should I try to write my own program, or is there a tool I can use or buy? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreysan
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Masking of number

BAT:0310:2009-08-0:Y4 :H:D:00003721:03103721.IFH:00138770:05767:00000000001279' EXR:CLP:912.570000' STA:A:9071559:2009-08-10::Wer::Mrs' DEF::531.97:531.97:310221661617::+ABC:BAL:1:N::::5:40.00:0.00:2009-08-10:CN:1111111111109962::3:N:missc :N:PH:00010833:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

masking issue

Hi I am facing an issue with the below script which has the below line each field being separated with a tab. I need to mask the 8 and 7th field based on following conditions 1. 8th field is 16 in length and is numerics i will mask the middle 6 digits except the first 6 and last 4. input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

6. Programming

Masking Password with *'s

So I've been working on this for some time now and can't seem to find the solution that works for me. I'm working in C/Unix. Basically, I want to take a user input and output something different. For example, I want to take a password and output *'s. In another instance, I want to take inputed... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigdrock44
35 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking algorithm

I have a requirement of masking few specific fields in the UNIX file. The details are as following- File is fixed length file with each record of 250 charater length. 2 fields needs to be masked – the positions are 21:30 and 110:120 The character by character making needs to be done which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n78298
5 Replies
Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)

NAME
Crypt::DES_EDE3 - Triple-DES EDE encryption/decryption SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::DES_EDE3; my $ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key); $ede3->encrypt($block); DESCRIPTION
Crypt::DES_EDE3 implements DES-EDE3 encryption. This is triple-DES encryption where an encrypt operation is encrypt-decrypt-encrypt, and decrypt is decrypt-encrypt-decrypt. This implementation uses Crypt::DES to do its dirty DES work, and simply provides a wrapper around that module: setting up the individual DES ciphers, initializing the keys, and performing the encryption/decryption steps. DES-EDE3 encryption requires a key size of 24 bytes. You're probably best off not using this module directly, as the encrypt and decrypt methods expect 8-octet blocks. You might want to use the module in conjunction with Crypt::CBC, for example. This would be DES-EDE3-CBC, or triple-DES in outer CBC mode. USAGE
$ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key) Creates a new Crypt::DES_EDE3 object (really, a collection of three DES ciphers), and initializes each cipher with part of $key, which should be at least 24 bytes. If it's longer than 24 bytes, the extra bytes will be ignored. Returns the new object. $ede3->encrypt($block) Encrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in an encrypt-decrypt-encrypt operation. Returns the encrypted block. $ede3->decrypt($block) Decrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in a decrypt-encrypt-decrypt operation. Returns the decrypted block. $ede3->blocksize Returns the block size(8). $ede3->keysize Returns the key size(24). LICENSE
Crypt::DES_EDE3 is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS Crypt::DES_EDE3 is Copyright 2001 Benjamin Trott, ben@rhumba.pair.com. All rights reserved. perl v5.8.8 2001-09-15 Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)