Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Changing the password of a generic user from ILOM Post 302983409 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 07:26:54 AM
Old 10-11-2016
A few questions to start, I'm afraid:-
  • How did you restrict it to access from cloneroot only?
  • Can you login on the console session as root?
  • Do you have backup software that you can use to restore files?

Hopefully someone can work out a way back in for you.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

changing user password

I have 02 servers: - Linux RHEL AS 3 (server1) - AIX 5.2 (server2) Running the command rsh server2 passwd derje from the server1 to change derje user password on server2, give me this error: 3004-709 Error while changing the password for "derje" Can somebody help me ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayge
0 Replies

2. AIX

changing unix user password using script

Hi sir, i need help in scripting.. i have 30 users like below eda01 eda02 eda03 eda04 ..... ...... eda30 I want to reset all users password start with eda01 until eda30 to default password 1234 how do i do this using script, i dunt want system prompt me for password.. i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_um
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

4. Linux

Problem changing user password

Hi all, I'm having an issue resetting an Linux user password. As root, I type 'passwd <username>, enter the new password, but the user is still Access Denied. Can someone assist me in figuring this one out? The box is running "Linux trm62 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Apr 22 00:18:24 EDT 2004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris user changing password

i created 1 user . Now its passwd time period get expired. Now how can I set password for that user. Also how can I set a condition such a way that after every 3 months user must change his passwd. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkraj
5 Replies

6. Solaris

changing user password as root on LDAP client SOl10/u7

I'm fairly inexperienced with LDAP and DSEE so to build my skills I installed directory server in the global zone of my Sol 10/u7 machine and created a zone to use as a client. For some reason when I try to change a users password as root (in the client zone) with passwd -r ldap I am prompted for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password when changing the user account

Hi All, I have one requirment.. I need to change my id to some sudo account in a server.. Actually our username/passwd will be stored in one gip file like below... $cat .a.gz #It's hidden file username passwd $ So I tried the below script to pass the password when i sudo to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with feeding password while changing to root user

i want to change user to "root" from another user while running a script. how can i automatically feed the password? for example, i want to write a script say "script.sh"... it will first run the command "p" as mhmn user, and then it will change the user to "root" by using "su - root" command. at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhmn
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Manage ILOM password from terminal

Hi, I have T5240/M9000 servers running Solaris 10. I want to manage root password from terminal only using scadm command. Can somebody help me on this? Which package do I need to install and what all configuration need to be done? Thanks, Prashant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS