Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Teach me about dynamic libraries Post 302983390 by apmcd47 on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 02:51:55 AM
Old 10-11-2016
Edit the file /etc/init.d/apcupsd to include the definition of LD_LIBRARY_PATH there.

Alternatively, if you installed from source (which is implied in the post) you can remove the need of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable as follows:

Go back to the Makefile. If you are using the Sun compiler (/opt/SUNSpro/... or /opt/solstudio/...) add -R/usr/sfw/lib after each use of -L/usr/sfw/lib. If you are using the gnu compiler you may need to use -Wl,-rpath,"/usr/sfw/lib" instead.

Then recompile and test the binary with ldd:
Code:
ldd apcupsd

All libraries should be found. At this point reinstall.

Andrew

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

school or teach myself?

I want to learn c lenguage and am wonder if is better if i go to a school or teach myself, or there is no to much diference? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What to teach the new guy

so I have taken on the task of running a few workshops / teaching sessions. we have three new unix people, they have the basics sorted, CD, PWD, LS and such. we are looking at people who have been doing helpdesk untill two months ago. I have given them a few session: file systems, what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

5. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

I have here my assignment can any one teach me please

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Is to compute for the discount of the two variables of TODDLER and KID 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanielana1
3 Replies
libusb(3LIB)                                                    Interface Libraries                                                   libusb(3LIB)

NAME
libusb - user-space USB device management library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] -I/usr/sfw/include file... -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -lusb [ library... ] #include <usb.h> DESCRIPTION
The libusb library contains interfaces for managing USB devices without a kernel driver. It is an open-source API supported on Linux, Mac- OS X, and NetBSD. See http://libusb.sourceforge.net. The current implementation is version 0.1.8 of the libusb API. Complete documentation for this library can be found at /usr/sfw/share/doc/libusb/libusb.txt. INTERFACES
The shared object libusb.so.1 provides the following public interfaces. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object inter- faces. usb_bulk_read usb_bulk_write usb_claim_interface usb_clear_halt usb_close usb_control_msg usb_find_busses usb_find_devices usb_get_busses usb_get_descriptor_by_endpoint usb_get_descriptor usb_get_string usb_get_string_simple usb_init usb_interrupt_read usb_interrupt_write usb_open usb_release_interface usb_reset usb_resetep usb_set_altinterface usb_set_configuration usb_set_debug usb_strerror FILES
/usr/sfw/lib/libusb.so.1 shared object /usr/sfw/lib/libusb_plugins implementation-specific libusb modules /usr/sfw/bin/libusb-config script to determine linking environment ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibusb, SUNWlibusbut, | | |SUNWlibugenusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(3), attributes(5) http://libusb.sourceforge.net SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 libusb(3LIB)