Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Teach me about dynamic libraries Post 302983384 by jim mcnamara on Monday 10th of October 2016 09:28:22 PM
Old 10-10-2016
You define the location of runtime shared libraries in an environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH

You edit .profile or .bashrc or whatever you use to define environment vars. Add a line like this.
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/lib/sfw/lib"

To check the variable use:
Code:
ldd /path/to/APCUPSD

or whatever name you gave your compiled code.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

school or teach myself?

I want to learn c lenguage and am wonder if is better if i go to a school or teach myself, or there is no to much diference? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What to teach the new guy

so I have taken on the task of running a few workshops / teaching sessions. we have three new unix people, they have the basics sorted, CD, PWD, LS and such. we are looking at people who have been doing helpdesk untill two months ago. I have given them a few session: file systems, what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

5. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

I have here my assignment can any one teach me please

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Is to compute for the discount of the two variables of TODDLER and KID 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanielana1
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)