Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX DB2 10.5 un-installation Fails Post 302983381 by bakunin on Monday 10th of October 2016 07:49:46 PM
Old 10-10-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdock
well, db2_deinstall -a fails with a bunch of errors.
And which were these error? Generally it helps to describe in a little more detail and "error" is not quite as specific as "ACME Error 1234: failed to grommick the flurbishers."

If you have logs: show them.
If you got error codes: tell them.
If you got diagnostic messages: quote them

Just as a wild guess: you have seen this link and it doesn't apply to your problem, yes?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

X-windows Problem /GUI Installation fails

Guys, I am trying to install few products on my solaris 10 box. One of these installation would go as GUI installation. Whenever i run the setup, it throws an error message saying that GUI could not be started. What all things i need to check on server side as well as client (my windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Management Center installation fails

Hi all I'm trying to install Sun Management Center 4.0 on a fresh installation of Solaris 10 on a Sun 280R server. The installation keeps failing (during the setup process). Below is an extract of the log file (where things start to go wrong): Starting Sun Management Center database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub installation fails in Linux BMR..

Hi all, This topic is purely on a problem in installing grub in my LINUX BMR process... A major problem too.. I am designing Linux BMR where i do the following.. Backup the " / " as a whole .. with partition details ..etc And using the Knoppix Live CD i first create the partitions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub Installation fails with stage1 error

Hi, I have a problem in installing grub where the error thrown as " /grub/stage1 file not found" but the stage1, stage2 files are present in the /boot/grub/ folder. I do this grub install in the final step of the Linux BMR that i have designed. In the CentOs version above 6.0 the grub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openvz installation fails

Hello, I have a problem So I want to install this openvz. I run command apt-get install linux-image-openvz-amd64 and after that I check whether everything went ok with uname -r. But it seems that openvz is nowhere to be found. Why is that? All I see is 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64. Also when I try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linas
1 Replies

8. AIX

Phase 3 fails while performing alt disk installation.

Hi All, I have been trying to perform alt disk installation for AIX 6.1 server. Phas 3 fails and bosboot is not getting updated. when i tried only phase 1 and phase 3 by skipping phase 2 for just testing purpose, then boot image was getting updated. But when i try phase3 after phase 2, boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies

10. Linux

Ansible installation fails on standalone Oracle Linux

I have a standalone Oracle Linux server which has no connectivity to the internet. I was following a blog which directed me to download all ansible dependent setup files and install them using the below command. # yum localinstall -y python-crypto-2.6.1-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
URI::Heuristic(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       URI::Heuristic(3pm)

NAME
URI::Heuristic - Expand URI using heuristics SYNOPSIS
use URI::Heuristic qw(uf_uristr); $u = uf_uristr("perl"); # http://www.perl.com $u = uf_uristr("www.sol.no/sol"); # http://www.sol.no/sol $u = uf_uristr("aas"); # http://www.aas.no $u = uf_uristr("ftp.funet.fi"); # ftp://ftp.funet.fi $u = uf_uristr("/etc/passwd"); # file:/etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
This module provides functions that expand strings into real absolute URIs using some built-in heuristics. Strings that already represent absolute URIs (i.e. that start with a "scheme:" part) are never modified and are returned unchanged. The main use of these functions is to allow abbreviated URIs similar to what many web browsers allow for URIs typed in by the user. The following functions are provided: uf_uristr($str) Tries to make the argument string into a proper absolute URI string. The "uf_" prefix stands for "User Friendly". Under MacOS, it assumes that any string with a common URL scheme (http, ftp, etc.) is a URL rather than a local path. So don't name your volumes after common URL schemes and expect uf_uristr() to construct valid file: URL's on those volumes for you, because it won't. uf_uri($str) Works the same way as uf_uristr() but returns a "URI" object. ENVIRONMENT
If the hostname portion of a URI does not contain any dots, then certain qualified guesses are made. These guesses are governed by the following environment variables: COUNTRY The two-letter country code (ISO 3166) for your location. If the domain name of your host ends with two letters, then it is taken to be the default country. See also Locale::Country. HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LANG If COUNTRY is not set, these standard environment variables are examined and country (not language) information possibly found in them is used as the default country. URL_GUESS_PATTERN Contains a space-separated list of URL patterns to try. The string "ACME" is for some reason used as a placeholder for the host name in the URL provided. Example: URL_GUESS_PATTERN="www.ACME.no www.ACME.se www.ACME.com" export URL_GUESS_PATTERN Specifying URL_GUESS_PATTERN disables any guessing rules based on country. An empty URL_GUESS_PATTERN disables any guessing that involves host name lookups. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1997-1998, Gisle Aas This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::Heuristic(3pm)