Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX DB2 10.5 un-installation Fails Post 302983363 by mrmurdock on Monday 10th of October 2016 03:58:26 PM
Old 10-10-2016
DB2 10.5 un-installation Fails

AIX 7.1 on Power7 Platform.
I am doing this as root.
OK, somehow my instance is stuck and I cannot create any new instances for the 10.5 (db2icrt gets to step 2 of creation and sits. Have let it sit for 45minutes). db2ilist shows the instance, but deleting it says there is no instance. Tried to create a db2inst3, but it fails as well. So im pretty well hosed.
So my next step is to remove DB2. well, db2_deinstall -a fails with a bunch of errors.
How Can I crowbar this un-installation so I can re-install a new copy of DB2 or any better suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

X-windows Problem /GUI Installation fails

Guys, I am trying to install few products on my solaris 10 box. One of these installation would go as GUI installation. Whenever i run the setup, it throws an error message saying that GUI could not be started. What all things i need to check on server side as well as client (my windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Management Center installation fails

Hi all I'm trying to install Sun Management Center 4.0 on a fresh installation of Solaris 10 on a Sun 280R server. The installation keeps failing (during the setup process). Below is an extract of the log file (where things start to go wrong): Starting Sun Management Center database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub installation fails in Linux BMR..

Hi all, This topic is purely on a problem in installing grub in my LINUX BMR process... A major problem too.. I am designing Linux BMR where i do the following.. Backup the " / " as a whole .. with partition details ..etc And using the Knoppix Live CD i first create the partitions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub Installation fails with stage1 error

Hi, I have a problem in installing grub where the error thrown as " /grub/stage1 file not found" but the stage1, stage2 files are present in the /boot/grub/ folder. I do this grub install in the final step of the Linux BMR that i have designed. In the CentOs version above 6.0 the grub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openvz installation fails

Hello, I have a problem So I want to install this openvz. I run command apt-get install linux-image-openvz-amd64 and after that I check whether everything went ok with uname -r. But it seems that openvz is nowhere to be found. Why is that? All I see is 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64. Also when I try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linas
1 Replies

8. AIX

Phase 3 fails while performing alt disk installation.

Hi All, I have been trying to perform alt disk installation for AIX 6.1 server. Phas 3 fails and bosboot is not getting updated. when i tried only phase 1 and phase 3 by skipping phase 2 for just testing purpose, then boot image was getting updated. But when i try phase3 after phase 2, boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Java 32 bit installation fails on an AIX platform

Hello. It is my first to deal with Java installation on an AIX platform. I am now trying to install Java 32bit using installp command. However, it throws back the message that the installation media cannot be found. I need to install Java 32bit to proceed with an installation of Oracle JD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EJ2019
0 Replies

10. Linux

Ansible installation fails on standalone Oracle Linux

I have a standalone Oracle Linux server which has no connectivity to the internet. I was following a blog which directed me to download all ansible dependent setup files and install them using the below command. # yum localinstall -y python-crypto-2.6.1-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
IOCLASSCOUNT(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   IOCLASSCOUNT(8)

NAME
ioclasscount SYNOPSIS
ioclasscount [classname] [...] DESCRIPTION
ioclasscount displays the instance counts of OSObject-based C++ classes in the kernel, incremented by the number of direct subclasses that have an instance count of at least 1. For example, if IONetworkController is not directly instantiated, but its direct subclass IOEthernet- Controller has any instances, then IONetworkController's instance count will be at least 1; if another direct subclass such as IOFWController has any instances, then IONetworkController's instance count will be at least 2; and so on. (This modification of instance counts prevents unloading of kexts defining superclasses that have no instances, but whose subclasses in other kexts have instances.) If classes are specified, instance counts are printed as a comma-separated list in the order specified. If no classes are specified, instance counts for all classes are printed, one per line of output and sorted by name. This information is useful for tracking leaks. Instance counts can also found in the root of the IORegistry in the ``IOKitDiagnostics'' property. EXAMPLES
Display instance counts for IOPCIDevice and AppleTestPCI: /usr/sbin/ioclasscount IOPCIDevice AppleTestPCI IOPCIDevice = 2, AppleTestPCI = 1 SEE ALSO
ioalloccount(8), ioreg(8) Darwin November 06, 2008 Darwin