Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run scripts sequentially in background? Post 302983300 by RudiC on Monday 10th of October 2016 01:56:18 AM
Old 10-10-2016
Then, remove the nohups and & s and run the entire script in background.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sequentially run the shell scripts.

Hi All, I have a master script , which would run 4 scripts in sequence. When the first script gets executed , I need to check if a particular process has been completed. If it is completed , only then proceed with the second script. This same rule applies to script3 and script4. Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run Processes Sequentially Using Process ID (PID)

Hi, I'm a newbie when it comes to using UNIX, and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I have a set of processes that I want to run sequentially: process1.py process2.py process3.py I want to know I can run these sequentially using their process IDs (PIDs). Ideally, I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelata
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simutaneous scripts within a background task

Hi, I have a script that polls a directory using inotifywait. This script is always running in the background. Within that script, I have 2 commands that need to run simultaneously. When those scripts are finished, I have to fire off a 3rd. The problem is, the 3rd script is never being... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any scenario where a script will not run sequentially when called?

Can a script that calls another script exit and end while the called script is still running? If so, how can this be made to happen? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with how to run multiple script with concurrent processes runs sequentially.

Hi, The problem detail is follows I have three individual scripts . SCRIPT A sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_03.sh SCRIPT B sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in background

Hi, below is my master script wihch inturn runs 2 scripts in background #master_script.sh ./subscript1.sh & ./subscript2.sh & executed the master_script.sh from unix command prompt $ ./master_script.sh it is executing the subscripts and they are completing fine, however master_script.sh is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run scripts in background one by one

Hello all, Can someone help with one script? I have as example 3 scripts 1.sh sleep 60 & sleep 60 & sleep 10 & sleep 80 & sleep 60 & 2.sh sleep 40 & sleep 5 & sleep 10 & sleep 70 & sleep 60 & 3.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies
NOHUP(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)