Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 100% Inode full with only 67% FS full. Post 302983111 by rbatte1 on Thursday 6th of October 2016 12:01:28 PM
Old 10-06-2016
Smilie I would seriously worry why you think you need a 12Gb root filesystem. Smilie

You should only have files necessary for the OS boot in the root filesystem, ideally with home directories, /usr, /var and /tmp in separate filesystems. Perhaps you should focus on removing non-OS files from the root filesystem.

How do you prepare for disaster recovery? Is your mksysb excluding huge sections of the root filesystem? If so, it would be better to get them into their own filesystems and leave root alone. Have a look in /etc/exclude.rootvg to see what you leave out of a mksysb

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

%Inode used full

Hello I have used 100% of inode in a file system can you increase thie number of inode without backup-make the file system again-restore ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. Solaris

/ directory is 100% full

Dear experts My / directory shows 100% full. What should I do??? What is normal size and how can I prevent it. I am using Solaris 8 on an Ultra 60. Thanks for your advises. Reza (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
6 Replies

3. Solaris

when 100% full, it says some available

Just a quick question ....as per my df -k below, I have a file system marked at 100% full, why does it say there is 44,240 kb available ?? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2055463 1753694 240106 88% / /proc 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. AIX

/var 100% full

What to do if /var filesystem in Aix is completely full ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkhan
2 Replies

5. Linux

Disk full 100%

one of my servers / was full by 100% i cleard some space, now though i have enough space on / partition still df is showing disk usage as 100% am not able to create any single txt file ? why so ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dev/sda1 100% full

Hi! I have a problem with my disk, it is full as you can see # df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 64380356 63125180 0 100% / none 3116000 0 3116000 0% /dev/shm /dev/sdb1 282015652... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruisof
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. AIX

Paging space is 100% full

Paging space is 100% full? what step can i take (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool showing 100% full

Hi, This is Solaris-10 on Sparc. Due to some reason, one zpool size is showing 100% full, while nothing is there in that. dstr03-zone02 is a non global zone running on physical machine - dstr03 root@dstr03:/# df -h | grep -i zone02 zone02_app_pool 60G 31K 3.8G 1% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
df_vxfs(1M)															       df_vxfs(1M)

NAME
df_vxfs: df - report number of free disk blocks on a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
[special|directory]... DESCRIPTION
prints the number of free blocks and free inodes in VxFS file systems or directories based on the counts kept in the super-blocks. VxFS dynamically allocates inodes from a pool of free blocks. The number of free inodes and blocks reported by is an estimate based on the number of free 8K or larger extents and the current ratio of allocated inodes to allocated blocks. (Extents smaller than 8K may not be usable for all types of allocation, so does not count free blocks in extents smaller than 8K.) Allocating additional blocks may therefore decrease the count of free inodes and vice versa. If the operand to is a special device name, the file system can be an unmounted or mounted file system (for example, If you specify a directoryname, displays information for the file system at that mount point. If neither special nor directory is specified, the free space on all of the mounted file systems is printed. Options recognizes the following options: Report only the number of kilobytes free. Report the number of files free. Report only an actual count of the blocks in the free list (free inodes are not reported). When this option is specified, reports on raw devices. Specify the file system type Report the entire statvfs(2) structure. Report the total number of inodes, the number of free inodes, number of used inodes and the percentage of inodes in use. Report the allocation in kilobytes. Report on local file systems only. Report the file system name. If invoked with no other options this option prints a list of mounted file system types. Print the number of free extents of each size. Free extents are always an integral power of two in length, ranging from a minimum of one block to the maximum extent size supported by the file system. Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks. Report the percentage of blocks used, the number of blocks used and the number of blocks free. This option cannot be used with other options. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. There are a number of options that specify output formats, some combinations of which are incompatible. If an incompatible combination is specified, one of the options will override the other(s). Operands recognizes the following operands: directory Name of the mount point from which the VxFS file system is accessed. special Device name, which contains a mounted or unmounted VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted file systems: Report the number of free extents of each size, for all mounted VxFS file systems: Report the number of free files for all mounted VxFS file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for all mounted file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for the file system mounted as FILES
File-system devices. File-system devices. Static information about the file systems. mounted-file-system table. SEE ALSO
du(1), df(1M), fsck_vxfs(1M), statvfs(2), fs_vxfs(4), mnttab(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: SVID2, XPG2, XPG3 df_vxfs(1M)