Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building a dynamic UNIX menu with input files Post 302983045 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 5th of October 2016 07:32:10 PM
Old 10-05-2016
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while [ -z "${ans[0]}" ]
do
  awk -F'|' '{print NR ") get password for " $1 " on " $2}' input.txt
  read -p "Choose Option Number: " sel
  ans=($(awk -F'|' 'NR==sel {print $1, $2}' sel="$sel" input.txt))
done
cat pass_${ans[0]}_${ans[1]}.txt

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic select with multiple word menu items

Hello all, I'm developing a deployment script at work and at one point it would need to display something like this: Which version of ADMIN would you like to deploy? 1) 1.0.0 (store1, 10 Jan 2004) 2) 1.0.1 (store1, 20 Jun 2004) 3) 1.0.2 (store1, 15 Jul 2004) Select a version : I know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: domivv
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

building flat files in unix and importing them from windows

what is a flat file in unix? i have to import a unix flat files from windows based programme. my question is not to export from unix but only to import from windows only. how to build that flat files? how to create export to windows how to import from windows (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tunirayavarapu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic Select menu

Hi all is menu driven by SELECT can be a dynamic ? My requirement is that i want SELECT to be created on run time not predefine . The select should be created as per the no of words in a file thanks in advance rawat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawatds
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Menu Help

I'm working on a menu to read folders in as menu selections then CD to the selected folder and display the contained files as menu selections for execution. I'm using the following to read in the file list but I get lost after that. I only read in files that begin with CAPs. The problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottKe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

building output file from multiple input files

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a way to combine multiple sources with different data on a single file, and I am trying to find the best way to do it. I have multiple files, let's say A, B, C and D. A has a field in common with B, B has a field in common with C, and C has a field in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning values to reference variables for a dynamic menu driven script.

How do I assign values to reference variables? I am assigning a variable name to --> $user_var Then I am trying to change its underlying variable value by $((user_var))=$user_value .. its failing,, Please let me know if there is a way to do this dynamically.. FileA.props... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

7. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Dynamic Input or daa files

Hi, I got a requirement to automate the process. We have SLA files, there are some 80 SLA files comes from 1.30pm - 5.30pm. I was asked to write a script to check for the SLA files in the load directory, if the files come then we got to send the mail to the group, if the mails doesnt come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afahmed
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic menu selection? Help..

Hi guys, i would like to create a program that allow user to show the information of certain thing such as network card. I would like the menu to be dynamic, for example: my computer system have 2 network card inserted at the moment, therefore the menu will have 2 choice for the user. eth0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
12 Replies
PAM::FAQ(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PAM::FAQ(3)

NAME
Authen::PAM::FAQ - Frequently-Asked Questions about Authen::PAM. SYNOPSIS
perldoc Authen::PAM::FAQ VERSION
This document is currently at version 0.05, as of May 4, 2005 DESCRIPTION
1. Can I authenticate a user non interactively? Yes, you can although not in a very clean way. The PAM library has a mechanism, in a form of a conversation function, to send and receive text data from the user. For details of the format of the conversation function consult the Authen::PAM manual. This function receives a list of code/string pairs. There are two codes (PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG) for displaying the associated string to the user and two codes (PAM_ECHO_ON and PAM_ECHO_OFF) for getting input from the user. As you can see the codes are rather general and you can not be com- pletely sure when you are asked for a user name and when for a password. However, the common practice is that PAM_ECHO_ON is used for a user name and PAM_ECHO_OFF is used for a password. So, what you can do is to write your own conversation function which ignores the PAM_TEXT_INFO and PAM_ERROR_MSG codes and returns the user name for the code PAM_ECHO_ON and the password for the code PAM_ECHO_OFF. If you pass the user name in the initialization function then usually you will not be asked for it. Here is a simple example how to do this: use Authen::PAM; use POSIX qw(ttyname); $service = "login"; $username = "foo"; $password = "bar"; $tty_name = ttyname(fileno(STDIN)); sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); $ans = $password if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ); push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $res = $pamh->pam_set_item(PAM_TTY(), $tty_name); $res = $pamh->pam_authenticate; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); The Authen::PAM module comes with a default conversation function which you can find in the file PAM.pm. 2. Can I change a password non interactively? All the discussion of the previous question also applies here. There is however one serious complication. When changing a password it is quite possible that the PAM library will send you at lest two PAM_ECHO_OFF prompts - one for the old password and one or two for the new one. Therefore, the first thing you should do is to see what sequence of prompts is produced by your service. Then the conversation func- tion should include some state variable to distinguish the different prompts. Here is an example: use Authen::PAM; $service = "passwd"; $username = "foo"; $oldpassword = "old_pass"; $newpassword = "new_pass"; sub my_conv_func { my @res; while ( @_ ) { my $code = shift; my $msg = shift; my $ans = ""; $ans = $username if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON() ); if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { $ans = $oldpassword if ($state == 0); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 1); $ans = $newpassword if ($state == 2); $state++; } push @res, (PAM_SUCCESS(),$ans); } push @res, PAM_SUCCESS(); return @res; } ref($pamh = new Authen::PAM($service, $username, &my_conv_func)) || die "Error code $pamh during PAM init!"; $state = 0; $res = $pamh->pam_chauthtok; print $pamh->pam_strerror($res)," " unless $res == PAM_SUCCESS(); If you are running the script as root then most likely you will not be prompted for an old password. In this case you can simply return the new password at the ECHO_OFF prompt. The $msg variable contains the text of the input prompt which you can use for additional test or for debugging purposes, e.g. if ($code == PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF() ) { if ($state>=1 || $msg=~/new/i) { # are we asked for a new password $ans = $newpassword; } else { $ans = $oldpassword; } $state++; } 3. Why are the constants PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK not avaliable? The PAM_AUTHTOK and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK items can be used to pass authentication tokens (passwords) from one module to another. However, they are avaliable only to PAM modules and not to PAM applicatinos. If you have a special setup in which you really need to preset the password from the application (e.g. using a radius server) then you can use the pam_set_authtok module avaliable from <http://www.uni-hohen- heim.de/~schaefer/linux/pam/pam_set_authtok.html>. SEE ALSO
Authen::PAM AUTHOR
Nikolay Pelov <NIKIP at cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998-2005 Nikolay Pelov. All rights reserved. This file is part of the Authen::PAM library. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.4 2005-06-30 PAM::FAQ(3)