Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Puppet, Instillation
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Puppet, Instillation Post 302982910 by wviands on Tuesday 4th of October 2016 04:43:09 PM
Old 10-04-2016
Code:
rpm -ivh https://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-el-6.noarch.rpm

Code:
yum update

Code:
yum install puppetserver

Last edited by wviands; 10-04-2016 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: left out line

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

cfengine / puppet for rhel servers

Hello all, I am planning to deploy a configuration / auditing software package for about 100 new nodes that we are planning to install. I am hearing many good things in regards to cfengine and puppet. Can someone shed some light in regards to these solutions? Thanks, jaysunn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installling puppet

Hi, I am trying to instal the puppet. I get this error. Please help.. yum install puppet-server Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: mirrors.greenmountainaccess.net * extras: mirror.lug.udel.edu * updates:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help installing Puppet and Ruby..

Hi, I am working on RHEL 5.6 server, this is in private DMZ. No access to internet. I have downloaded the files I need to install the Puppet & Ruby. My goal is to install Puppet. I have downloaded.... mcollective-2.2.3-1.el5.noarch- SERVER.rpm ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cfengine or puppet?

I'm looking to deploy a configuration management system at my company and was wondering which config management was better: cfengine or Puppet? Pros/Cons? I'm looking to deploy the free version of each. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theace18
6 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Puppet dashboard

Hello all, can you please let me know if the free version of puppet provides dashboard? Or how do you get info about failed installation or other staff for the puppet agents? Sorry for not googling first :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Update puppet class from Client

Hi all, This is more a satellite 6 question Is it possible to add / assign a puppet client to a class on the master from the client ? This is for automation and I can't get it to work. On an existing client used as a web server I found the following content in cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Puppet : How to start.

Hello Team, Do You have any data/books/links related to Puppet? How to start, how to setup first env and execute "puppet" actions? Thanks in advance! Patryk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsmcny
3 Replies
yum-list-data(1)														  yum-list-data(1)

NAME
yum list data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum for some commands that give aggregate package data based on lists of packages added yum commands are: * list-vendors * info-vendors * list-rpm-groups * info-rpm-groups * list-packagers * info-packagers * list-licenses * info-licenses * list-arches * info-arches * list-committers * info-committers * list-buildhosts * info-buildhosts * list-baseurls * info-baseurls * list-package-sizes * info-package-sizes * list-archive-sizes * info-archive-sizes * list-installed-sizes * info-installed-sizes * list-groups * info-groups all of which take the same arguments as the list and info yum commands. The difference between the list and info varieties is that the info versions lists all the packages under each aggregation. list-vendors, info-vendors Is used to list the aggregate of the vendor attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-rpm-groups, info-rpm-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the group attribute on the packages, examples are "Applications/System", "Development/Tools" and "System Environment/Base" list-packagers, info-packagers Is used to list the aggregate of the packager attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-licenses, info-licenses Is used to list the aggregate of the license attribute on the packages, examples are "GPL" and "MIT" list-arches, info-arches Is used to list the aggregate of the arch attribute on the packages, examples are "i386" and "x86_64" list-committers, info-committers Is used to list the aggregate of the committer attribute on the packages, this is taken from the most recent changelog entry of the package. list-buildhosts, info-buildhosts Is used to list the aggregate of the buildhost attribute on the packages, examples are "mybuilder.example.com" and "xen- builder1.fedora.redhat.com" list-baseurls, info-baseurls Is used to list the aggregate of the url attribute on the packages after discarding the path of the URL, examples are "http://yum.baseurl.org/" and "http://www.and.org/" list-package-sizes, info-package-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the packagesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-archive-sizes, info-archive-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the archivesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-installed-sizes, info-installed-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the installedsize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-groups, info-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the yum groups that the packages are in, examples are in "yum grouplist". Note that in yum groups a package can be in more than one group at a time. It is worth noting that some of the above data can be "unknown", to yum, at which point a separate aggregation called "-- Unknown --" is listed. EXAMPLES
To list all the groups that have an update, along with the number of packages in each group, use: yum list-rpm-groups updates To list all the committers to packages that have yum in their name, use: yum list-committers 'yum*' To list ranges of the sizes of packages installed or available, use: yum list-package-sizes To list yum groups that have an update, use: yum list-groups SEE ALSO
yum-filter-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-list-data(1)