Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Get correct mail id
Top Forums Programming Get correct mail id Post 302982703 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 3rd of October 2016 02:36:02 AM
Old 10-03-2016
Hello Jewel,

Kindly use code tags for commands/codes/Inputs which you are using into your posts as per forum rules. Could you please try following and let us know if this helps you.
Code:
awk '{match($0,/.*@.*.com/);if(substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)){print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}}' RS=" "   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick correct message and mail.

Hi, I have the following small script. How can I just print out the string with missing message and send to hotmail.com? Also, can i set the message a bit more beautiful such as "Dear All, the following list is missing in our system"? #!/bin/sh MSG=/log cat list11.txt | awk ' BEGIN { flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the correct alignment in a textfile to a mail using shell script?

Hi All, Can any one solve this prob. Im sending a textfile content as a mail body while sending a mail using shell script. But, that textfile content is a unic command output. So, in mail, im not getting the correct alignment as in textfile. What may be the reason behind this. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check the mail ids in the correct format or not

Hi Folks, I have few mailids in a text file and need to check whether the mailid is in correct format or not. If just to check whether the string is a mailid or not there is a perl module Email::Valid to do the business or we can implement our own logic. But the mail_ids I am having is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail -s help ,change the sender to correct one

Hi expert I use mail -s "hello" bruce@sohu.com <kernel-img.conf send mail, it display the sender is lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010.corp.ad..com How can I change the sender to yanglei.fage@gmail.com to default ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitLvalueSuUser(Contributed Perl DocPerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitLvalueSubstr(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitLvalueSubstr - Use 4-argument "substr" instead of writing "substr($foo, 2, 6) = $bar". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Conway discourages the use of "substr()" as an lvalue, instead recommending that the 4-argument version of "substr()" be used instead. substr($something, 1, 2) = $newvalue; # not ok substr($something, 1, 2, $newvalue); # ok The four-argument form of "substr()" was introduced in Perl 5.005. This policy does not report violations on code which explicitly specifies an earlier version of Perl (e.g. "use 5.004;"). CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. SEE ALSO
"substr" in perlfunc (or "perldoc -f substr"). "4th argument to substr" in perl5005delta AUTHOR
Graham TerMarsch <graham@howlingfrog.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Graham TerMarsch. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitLvalueSubstr(3pm)