Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lirc: what's wrong?
Operating Systems Linux Lirc: what's wrong? Post 302982674 by Linusolaradm1 on Saturday 1st of October 2016 09:17:33 PM
Old 10-01-2016
Lirc: what's wrong?

I have a old ATi wonder bob like this

I want to use as remote control with kodi.
With the normal driver(ati_remote)
kodi recognise it as a "keyboard"
but only 50% of keys working!
In older release work fine 100% keys..
So i want to try lirc+kodi
I'm on slackware 14.2 with kodi 16.1
lirc is 0.9.3a
First i have to blacklist modules ati_remote
and x10 then
I have setup a config file using those
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/y...les/lircd.conf
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/...cd.conf.atiusb
I put it(not both,one for time) on /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.d/ati.conf
And run lircd with this cli

Code:
 lircd -D5  -H atilibusb  -n  /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

output seems ok

Code:
lircd-0.9.3a[28986]: Warning: Running as root
lircd-0.9.3a[28986]: Info: Using remote: ATIUSB_5000023600.
lircd-0.9.3a[28986]: Notice: lircd(atilibusb) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd

But when i try irw and press any key..nothing happen.
What's wrong?
usb id is 0bc7:0004

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong

When I execute following shell script I am getting the following error syntax error at line 50 : `<<' unmatched What am I doing wrong :confused: Script begins here ---------------- MPAN_FILE=$1 exec 3<$MPAN_FILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please tell me what do I do wrong here!

#!/usr/bin/csh # DAY=`date +%y%m%d` H=`date +%H` M=`date +%M` mailx -s "$H-Myfile" email@email.com</home/mydir/myfile Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What am I doing wrong?

I really just mess around in UNIX, for the most part, when I want to get something done. I can usually piece things together by searching for brief how-to's on Google, but the syntax errors in my following .sh file are really confusing me. I've got lots of programming experience in other places, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: demonpants
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there anything wrong?

For one of my script, I want one extra parameter needs to be added to one of the Usage option. Below its given #Check Input parameters are valid if ; then function usage() { echo echo "*******************************************" echo " !!! USAGE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What am I doing wrong here?

I am working on a simple login ID check shell script that should prompt for a user ID then check to see if this user is logged on. Trying to get the hang of this stuff so I am thinking of my own little projects. #! /bin/sh echo "please enter a user name" read user if user=$user then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsk319342
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here...

Here is my code.... just want to compare column 1 and 2 of file 2 with file 1 as standard file and print file 2 all contents with matched index value stored in $8 of file 1 awk 'NR==FNR{ A=$0;B++;next} {print A?$0 FS B: $0 FS "Not-Found" }' FS="\t" file1 file2 here B is not printing if... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
19 Replies
IREXEC(1)								FSF								 IREXEC(1)

NAME
irexec - run programs with one button press SYNOPSIS
irexec [options] [config_file] DESCRIPTION
This program lets you execute arbitrary commands on an IR signal decoded by lircd, the LIRC daemon. You can give irexec a command line parameter which has to be a name of a valid config file. If no command line parameters are given irexec reads the default config file which is usually ~/.lircrc. If irexec executes a program it will wait until this program terminates. So append a '&' to the command string if you don't want that. The config string consists of the command to be run. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --daemon run in background -n --name use this program name OPTIONS
If you add the --daemon option irexec will fork to background. That way you can easily start irexec from an init script. In this case you should specify a config file on the command line as irexec won't be able to find your home directory. Potential uses are shutting down the computer, starting a dial-up connection etc. NOTE
If you start irexec, it reads your ~/.lircrc and reacts only on prog= entries that point to irexec. If you have included more than one pro- gram in your .lircrc, then start all these programs, they react itself only to their according entries in .lircrc. SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. irexec 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IREXEC(1)