Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert tick to new lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert tick to new lines Post 302982668 by RudiC on Saturday 1st of October 2016 02:28:10 PM
Old 10-01-2016
Scrutinizer is right: tr works in both directions, on command line or in script, in Ubuntu or in FreeBSD. RedHat, being another linux flavour, shouldn't make any problems.
So - give us more info about the case when is doesn't work. How is the script run? What environment does it have? Any error messages?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel:how to modify and read the tick rate:HZ

hi, one of our customer is facing an issue with jiffies wrap up. on a 32 bit machine, the variable jiffies count upto 472 days. the customer's server was up for 472 days ('uptime') and to reproduce the same, i tried to change the variable HZ in linux-2.6..23.9/include/asm-i386/param.h from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a file from lines to columns in perl

Hi all, I want to convert a file from lines to columns in perl for example "abcd" convertd to a b c d pleas help me :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert three blank lines to one

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: uuy uuy urrt rrte rtrtrt trtrtr jhf jhf jhfj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Cannot see 'tick boxes' and other contents when installed programmes using Wine. Is there any other

Hi! I have installed ubuntu out of an error, a bit of frustration, a bit of annoyance and a bit of excitement! I am (was!) a windows user. I had windows 7 on my laptop. You might already know how famous windows is with nasty viruses. I got one too! Had no option but to get rid of the whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubuntu_noob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed - Convert 2 lines to 1 line

Hi, Just trying to get to grips with sed and awk for some reporting for work and I need some assistance: I have a file that lists policy names on the first line and then on the second line whether the policy is active or not. Policy Name: Policy1 Active: yes Policy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Clock doesn't tick

This is a strange one, I've never seen anything like it; the realtime clock doesn't tick while the computer's idle, only when you're watching it. Leave for 3 hours and it'll be 3 hours off. It still advances when it's off however, or the time would be far more incorrect than it is. About all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: convert rows to columns every n lines

Hi guys! I use AWK commands under GAMS to predispose the data files to be read by GAMS. I have a file which contains groups of data I need. Unfortunately I have the data spread in 3 rows for each subject. Here's an example (the file is really long) 1 0 2.0956 100.00 250.00 100.00 2.0956... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pintug
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a horizontal lines to vertical lines in a csv file

Hi.. I need some help in converting the below horizontal lines to vertical lines format. can anyone help me on this. input file Hour,1,2,3,4,5 90RT,106,111,111,112,111 output file Hour,90RT 1,106 2,111 3,111 4,112 5,111 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
3 Replies

9. Programming

Ardunio Tick-Tock DS1307 RTC Shield Basics

This arrived in the mail from China a few days ago and, for the small money, has been a lot of fun. Clock Shield RTC module DS1307 module Multifunction Expansion Board with 4 Digit Display Light Sensor and Thermistor For Arduino This board is a lot of fun for a few bucks. It has a low... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
XmScaleSetTicks(library call)											     XmScaleSetTicks(library call)

NAME
XmScaleSetTicks -- A Scale function that controls tick marks SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Scale.h> void XmScaleSetTicks( Widget scale, int big_every, Cardinal num_medium, Cardinal num_small, Dimension size_big, Dimension size_medium, Dimension size_small); DESCRIPTION
XmScaleSetTicks controls the number, location, and size of the tick marks on a Scale. Each tick mark is a SeparatorGadget oriented perpen- dicular to the Scale's orientation. For example, if the Scale is oriented horizontally, the tick marks will be oriented vertically. If you specify tick marks for a Scale and then change the Scale's orientation, you will have to do the following: o Remove all the tick marks. To remove tick marks from a Scale, you must destroy (with XtDestroyChildren) the SeparatorGadget tick marks. The first two children of a Scale are its title and scroll bar, and all additional children are tick marks. o Recreate the tick marks by calling XmScaleSetTicks. scale Specifies the Scale widget ID that is getting the tick marks. big_every Specifies the number of scale values between big ticks. num_medium Specifies the number of medium ticks between big values. num_small Specifies the number of small ticks between medium values. size_big Specifies the size (either width or height) of the big ticks. size_medium Specifies the size (either width or height) of the medium ticks. size_small Specifies the size (either width or height) of the small ticks. For a complete definition of Scale and its associated resources, see XmScale(3). RELATED
XmScale(3). XmScaleSetTicks(library call)