Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of flock command for whole script Post 302982591 by MadeInGermany on Friday 30th of September 2016 12:54:39 PM
Old 09-30-2016
Best practice: remove the lock if more than one day old
Code:
find "$LockFile" -prune -mtime +0 -exec rm -f {} \; -exec echo Deleted old {} \;

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 09-30-2016 at 07:45 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Semaphore - lockfile/flock

Hi, I have a process which can run one instance at a time. Currently we have multiple scripts trying to kickoff this process. I wanted to implement the semaphore mechanism to achieve this. I was going through few examples. The below code seems to be reasonable solution. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using Flock (file lock)

Hello, I have been working on using "flock"/file lock to prevent two instances of a bash script from being executed. Below is a simplified version of what I have to illustrate the flock part. It works as it is set up there below however the piece I am trying to figure out is how to get it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infrared013
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flock preventing function to work

Hi i have a script that check pings and i use flock to so the script wont run multipul times : its not the whole script but this is the idea : ( flock -x -w 3 200 || exit 1 /usr/sbin/fping -c$count -i$interval -a $hosts > $FILE1 2>&1 ) 200>/var/lock/.myscript.exclusivelock now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
crontab(5)							File Formats Manual							crontab(5)

Name
       crontab - clock daemon table file

Syntax
       /usr/lib/crontab

Description
       The  command  executes  at  specified dates and times according to the instructions in the file. The file consists of lines with six fields
       each.  The format for a line is as follows:

minute hour day month weekday command

The following list defines each field in the line:

minute (0-59)  The exact minute that the command sequence executes.

hour (0-23)    The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.

day (1-31)     The day of the month that the command sequence executes.

month (1-12)   The month of the year that the command sequence executes.

weekday (1-7)  The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

command	      The complete command sequence variable that is to be executed.  Note that the command string must conform  to  Bourne  shell
		      syntax.

The first five integer fields may be specified as follows:

o   A single number in the specified range

o   Two numbers separated by a minus, meaning a range inclusive

o   A list of numbers separated by commas, meaning any of the numbers

o   An asterisk meaning all legal values

The sixth field is a string that is executed by the shell at the specified times.  A percent sign (%) in this field is translated to a new-
       line character.	Only the first line of the command field, up to a percent sign (%) or end of line, is executed by the  shell.	The  other
       lines are made available to the command as standard input.

Examples
       The following example is part of a file:
       # periodic things
       0,15,30,45 * * * * (echo '^M' `date`; echo '') >/dev/console
       0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/lib/atrun

# daily stuff
       5 4 * * * sh /usr/adm/newsyslog
       15 4 * * * ( cd /usr/preserve; find . -mtime +7 -a -exec rm -f {} ; )
       20 4 * * * find /usr/msgs -mtime +21 -a ! -perm 444 -a ! -name bounds
	    -a -exec rm -f {} ;

# NOTE: The above line is wrapped.

# local cleanups
       30 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name df-exec rm {} ;
       35 4 * * * find /usr/spool/mqueue -type f -mtime +5 -name tf-exec rm {} ;
       40 4 * * * find /usr/spool/rwho -type f -mtime +21 -exec rm {} ;
       #

# redirecting error output
       0 17 * * 1,3,5 /bin/tar -cv /usr/sysads/smith > /dev/console 2>&1
       #

Files
See Also
       sh(1), cron(8)
       Guide to System Environment Setup

crontab(5)