Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Export variables to subshells Post 302982578 by MadeInGermany on Friday 30th of September 2016 10:49:47 AM
Old 09-30-2016
You have an sh that runs another sh?
Then perhaps you can run the code in variable in the current sh?
Code:
eval ${ContentOfADifferentSCRIPT}

(Just seeing the previous post - with the same idea.)
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variables

I have a master shell, which calls another shell to export some env variables. But when I just run the child shell from the command line, and see if the variables are exported by doing, echo $EXPORTED_VAR1 I am not seeing the value. But I am sure, I am using the child shell from a master... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srishan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export env variables

hi i want to write a shell script to set environment variables . But i am not been able to set that for the current shell instead i have to spawn a new shell. Is there a way to set the env variable for the current shell using shell script in bash shell ? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to export variables

Hi, I am a newbie to unix as well as scripting. I need to write a script, which on execution sets the necessay oracle variables. Can someone help me out as to how to proceed? also can u suggest good tutorial for bash/shell scripting? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
1 Replies

4. Solaris

not able to export the Variables

I am working with Sun Solaris 9 and I want to export the environment variable from my application(xxxx.ksh) but I am not able to see it when I am using SET command I am writing some variables which I have to set COMMON_USER_HOME=${HOME} export COMMON_USER_HOME echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell

Hi ! How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell Example :- Login :myID Pwd : **** -> Here my ID .profile is executed. Let say I set MYENV variable Kisses% rlogin ABC -l XXXGroupID -> I login into a remote Solaris Server ABC password : **** -> "XXXGroupID's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script with export variables

Hi all guys, how you can read in thread title, I'm deploying a bash script in which I have to export some variables inside it. But (I think you know) the export command works only inside the script and so, on exit command, the variables aren't set like I set inside the script. Consequently in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns Built in awk Variables don't export

I need to export the built in awk variables for columns so that they are available for the rest of the script. This is what I have so far: cat /tmp/test | eval `awk '{print "export NAME="$1; print "export NAME2="$2;}'` echo Host is "$NAME" and Host2 is "$NAME2" When I run bash -x to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a file and then export it.

Hi I want to read variables from one file and then set it as environment variable; The text file is test.txt which contains SPEED:1000 IP:172.26.126.11 My code is: while read line; do var1=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"} { print $1 }'` echo $var1 var2=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSM
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding the concept behind subshells

Can someone post a "for dummies" explanation on how subshells work? Let's say I want to get a couple of pieces of info from the /etc/passwd file and set them as variables to be echo'd back after all data is gathered. something like for i in ${grep 5000 /etc/passwd | cut -d : -f 5}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyboynm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array - Export/Import in global environment variables.

Hello. During startup /etc/bash.bashrc.local generates some array ..... source /.../.../system_common_general_array_env_var ..... The file system_common_general_array_env_var contains : LEAP_VERSION='42.3' ARRAY_MAIN_REPO_LEAP=('zypper_local' 'openSUSE-Leap-'"$LEAP_VERSION"'-Non-Oss' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)