Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't detect my second monitor Post 302982543 by twelth_hour on Thursday 29th of September 2016 04:58:26 PM
Old 09-29-2016
I tried

Code:
find /lib -name '*udl*.ko'

and got:

Code:
/lib/modules/4.4.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/udlfb.ko
/lib/modules/4.4.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl.ko
/lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/udlfb.ko
/lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl.ko

Then, did you I assume you meant to try:

Code:
ls -l /lib/modules/4.4.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/

and

Code:
ls -l /lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/

which gave:

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60462 Sep  6 14:53 /lib/modules/4.4.0-38-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl.ko

and

Code:
--rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60406 Jul 12 22:00 /lib/modules/4.4.0-31-generic/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/udl/udl.ko

respectively

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad upgrade to 8.10 and ubuntu doesn't boot afterwards.

at the end of October i upgraded the distro to 8.10 at first it seemed fine until i restarted my machine the boot seqence started i logged in after that nothing? tried booting again and the same thing happened did i do something wrong during the upgrade to 8.10 did everything the computer asked me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why getopts doesn't detect correctly my switches?

Dear all, I have created a KornShell script containing swiches with getopts (command line switches). Normally, my script should work like this: $ ./myscript.ksh -a 12 -b 4 -c 78 The switch a was selected with the argument 12 The switch b was selected with the argument 4 The switch c was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Microphone doesn't work in Ubuntu 10.04

When I try to speak to the microphone, there is no echo in the speaker. I test it again by dialing Skype, there is still no sound in my side while I can hear the other side. What can I do? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2000s
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library

Hi all, I'm having a problem here my environment as follows. AIX 5.3 TL 10 running on a P6 p520 sever with 3 fibre channel cards and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM 5.4 and TS3200 Tape Library with 2 drives and 2 media changers. My problem as follows smc1 doesn't show up , I ran cfgmgr multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KornShell]: Why getopts doesn't detect disabled switches in this script?

Hi, My environement OS: Linux Fedora Core 17 X86_64 KSH version: sh (AT&T Research) 93u+ 2012-08-01 As I understand inside a Kornshell script, the getopts statement allows to collect information about the switches provided for the script (if any). Besides, it is possible to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Dell XPS M1330 doesn't detect optical drive

I have a Dell XPS M1330 laptop. The OS is Windows 10. I had to replace the motherboard because it was bad. After replacing the motherboard I noticed the optical (DVD/CD) drive is neither detected in BIOS and OS nor making any noise at all. Everything else seems to be working fine. The optical drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies
DRM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    DRM(4)

NAME
drm -- Direct Rendering Manager (DRI kernel support) SYNOPSIS
i915drm* at vga? mach64drm* at vga? mgadrm* at vga? r128drm* at vga? radeondrm* at vga? savagedrm* at vga? sisdrm* at vga? tdfxdrm* at vga? viadrm* at vga? options DRM_DEBUG options DRM_NO_AGP DESCRIPTION
The Direct Rendering Manager is part of the Direct Rendering Infrastructure (see http://dri.freedesktop.org/) for supporting video accelera- tion (3d acceleration, mostly). The drm drivers provide support for the following chipsets: i915drm Intel i915, i945 mach64drm Mach64 (3D Rage Pro, Rage) mgadrm Matrox G[24]00, G[45]50 r128drm ATI Rage 128 radeondrm ATI Radeon savagedrm S3 Savage sisdrm SiS tdfxdrm 3dfx (Voodoo) viadrm VIA To make use of the driver, the kernel must include agp(4) (for some drivers, using options DRM_NO_AGP instead may be sufficient), X(7) must be compiled with DRI support, Mesa DRI drivers must be installed, the appropriate /dev/dri/card* device must exist, and DRI must be enabled in the X configuration file. X(7) provided with NetBSD and compiled from pkgsrc(7) do so automatically where supported. X(7) will attempt to create the device node automatically. To create the device node manually: mkdir -p /dev/dri mknod /dev/dri/card0 c 180 0 chgrp wheel /dev/dri/card0 chmod 0660 /dev/dri/card0 To enable DRI in the X configuration add the following to either xorg.conf for Xorg(1) or XF86Config for XFree86(1) : Section "Module" ... Load "dri" Load "dri2" Load "glx" EndSection ... Section "DRI" Group "wheel" Mode 0660 EndSection Debugging output can be enabled and disabled by setting the sysctl(8) node hw.dri.debug. Additional information can be obtained from the sysctl(8) nodes hw.dri, hw.dri.card0, hw.dri.card1, etc. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), Xorg(1), agp(4), XF86Config(5), xorg.conf(5), X(7), /usr/X11R[67]/lib/X11/doc/README.DRI HISTORY
DRM was first available for Linux. Subsequently Eric Anholt ported the DRM kernel modules to FreeBSD. Erik Reid adapted the FreeBSD DRM kernel modules to NetBSD. As DRM continued to develop the NetBSD support was neglected. Tonnerre Lombard got the DRM modules working again, but DRM development once again left the NetBSD support behind. Finally Yorick Hardy took the FreeBSD DRM source and managed to get it com- piling and working again on NetBSD, thanks largely to the efforts of all those mentioned above. Subsequently Matthias Drochner improved the DRM file hierarchy for NetBSD and committed the DRM kernel drivers. Matthew Green cleaned up this port and merged a set of newer drivers, with Arto Huusko and FUKAUMI Naoki helping to get the latest Mesa port up to date. The drm drivers appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Eric Anholt, Terry Barnaby, Erdi Chen, Michel Daenzer, Leif Delgass, Frank C. Earl, Rickard E. Faith, Jose Fonseca, Nicolai Haehnle, Jeff Hartmann, Thomas Hellstrom, Gareth Hughes, Felix Kuehling, Sung-Ching Lin, Kevin E. Martin, Jared D. McNeill, Daryll Strauss, Keith Whitwell CAVEATS
In case of errors, /dev/dri/card0 may be changed, make sure to recreate it in that case. options DRM_DEBUG can slow DRI down a lot; disable it once drm works. BSD
May 11, 2010 BSD