Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't detect my second monitor Post 302982527 by twelth_hour on Thursday 29th of September 2016 02:01:38 PM
Old 09-29-2016
hmm... I do have the files for the new driver, but there is just a licence and a .run file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad upgrade to 8.10 and ubuntu doesn't boot afterwards.

at the end of October i upgraded the distro to 8.10 at first it seemed fine until i restarted my machine the boot seqence started i logged in after that nothing? tried booting again and the same thing happened did i do something wrong during the upgrade to 8.10 did everything the computer asked me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why getopts doesn't detect correctly my switches?

Dear all, I have created a KornShell script containing swiches with getopts (command line switches). Normally, my script should work like this: $ ./myscript.ksh -a 12 -b 4 -c 78 The switch a was selected with the argument 12 The switch b was selected with the argument 4 The switch c was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Microphone doesn't work in Ubuntu 10.04

When I try to speak to the microphone, there is no echo in the speaker. I test it again by dialing Skype, there is still no sound in my side while I can hear the other side. What can I do? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2000s
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library

Hi all, I'm having a problem here my environment as follows. AIX 5.3 TL 10 running on a P6 p520 sever with 3 fibre channel cards and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM 5.4 and TS3200 Tape Library with 2 drives and 2 media changers. My problem as follows smc1 doesn't show up , I ran cfgmgr multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KornShell]: Why getopts doesn't detect disabled switches in this script?

Hi, My environement OS: Linux Fedora Core 17 X86_64 KSH version: sh (AT&T Research) 93u+ 2012-08-01 As I understand inside a Kornshell script, the getopts statement allows to collect information about the switches provided for the script (if any). Besides, it is possible to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Dell XPS M1330 doesn't detect optical drive

I have a Dell XPS M1330 laptop. The OS is Windows 10. I had to replace the motherboard because it was bad. After replacing the motherboard I noticed the optical (DVD/CD) drive is neither detected in BIOS and OS nor making any noise at all. Everything else seems to be working fine. The optical drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies
halibut(1)							   Simon Tatham 							halibut(1)

NAME
halibut - multi-format documentation formatting tool SYNOPSIS
halibut [options] file1.but [file2.but ...] DESCRIPTION
halibut reads the given set of input files, assembles them into a document, and outputs that document in one or more formats. The available command-line options can configure what formats Halibut should output in, and can also configure other things about the way Halibut works. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by halibut are: --text[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in plain text format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output text file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output text file will be as specified in the input files, or output.txt if none is specified at all. --html[=filename] Makes Halibut generate one or more output files in HTML format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, there will be pre- cisely one HTML output file with that name, containing the whole document. Otherwise, there may be one or more than one HTML file produced as output; this, and the file names, will be as specified in the input files, or given a set of default names starting with Contents.html if none is specified at all. --winhelp[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in Windows Help format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output help file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output help file will be as specified in the input files, or output.hlp if none is specified at all. The output help file must have a name ending in .hlp; if it does not, .hlp will be added. A secondary contents file will be created alongside the main help file, with the same name except that it will end in .cnt (for example output.cnt, if the main file is out- put.hlp). --man[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in Unix man page format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output man page will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output man page will be as specified in the input files, or output.1 if none is specified at all. --info[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an info file. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the output info file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output info file will be as specified in the input files, or output.info if none is specified at all. By default, unless configured otherwise using the cfg{info-max-file-size}{0} directive, the info output will be split into multiple files. The main file will have the name you specify; the subsidiary files will have suffixes -1, -2 etc. --pdf[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in PDF format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the PDF output file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output PDF file will be as specified in the input files, or output.pdf if none is speci- fied at all. --ps[=filename] Makes Halibut generate an output file in PostScript format. If the optional filename parameter is supplied, the PostScript output file will be given that name. Otherwise, the name of the output PostScript file will be as specified in the input files, or out- put.ps if none is specified at all. -Cword:word[:word...] Adds a configuration directive to the input processed by Halibut. Using this directive is exactly equivalent to appending an extra input file to the command line which contains the directive cfg{word}{word}{word...}. --input-charset=charset Changes the assumed character set for input files from the default of ASCII. --list-charsets Makes Halibut list character sets known to it. --list-fonts Makes Halibut list fonts known to it, either intrinsically or by being passed as input files. --precise Makes Halibut report the column number as well as the line number when it encounters an error in an input file. --help Makes Halibut display a brief summary of its command-line options. --version Makes Halibut report its version number. --licence Makes Halibut display its licence (MIT). MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Halibut, including full details of the input file format, look in the full manual. If this is not installed locally on your system, you can also find it at the Halibut web site: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/halibut/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. Halibut 2004-04-08 halibut(1)