Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with awk script to append seq num at end of record Post 302982381 by pchang on Wednesday 28th of September 2016 12:58:10 PM
Old 09-28-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello pchang,

Could you please try following too and let us know if this helps.
Code:
awk '{printf("%s %s\n",$0,$0=$0~/OA/?++A["OA"]:($0~/OB/?++A["OB"]:""))}'   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh
Hi Ravinder.

it looks like this code works too.

Thanks for providing additional code option.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append a semcolon to every record in a file?

Hi, If a file is like 123 456 894 568 234 and the desired o/p is "123" "456" "894" -- -- How can it be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a record at the end of a file

Hi all, i have to append a record at the end of the file(a file which is already with some records).how do i do?please help me? is there any way of doing this with "SED" command.i am not sure.plz help me on this. would appreciate your ideas!!!! bye rao. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoscb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append "awk command" to the end of each line

hi; this is my qqq.mos: l ./gcsw 86.0.0.1 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=860 Tilt 861;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.2 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=862 Tilt 863;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.3 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=864 Tilt 865;l-' ... i want to append;l nawk 'NR==14 && $NF!="Set."{print "l ./gcsw "r"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk script printing each record twice

i have a find command piped to an awk script, I'm expecting it printing the matching record one time but it's doing it twice: the following is my code: find directoryname | awk 'BEGIN { FS="/" } /.*\.$/ || /.*\.$/ { printf "%s/%s\n", $(NF-1), $NF } it gave me the correct output, but just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a ksh script for adding the space at the end of record in a flat file

Hi, I need a ksh script for the below requirement: i have a Delimited flat file with 200 records delimiter is '|~|' i need a script to insert space at the end if the record is ending with delimiter '|~|' if it didnt end with delimiter it should not append space. Example: ram|~|2|~| ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to append incremental numbers to the end of duplicate file names.

I'm currently working on a script that extracts files from a .zip, runs an sha1sum against them and then uses awk to pre-format them into zomething more readable thusly: Z 69 89e013b0d8aa2f9a79fcec4f2d71c6a469222c07 File1 Z 69 6c3aea28ce22b495e68e022a1578204a9de908ed File2 Z 69... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ethereal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find seq lines

I have a below file FILE.cfg JAN_01 VAR1=4 VAR2=SUM VAR3=PRIVATE JAN_10 VAR1=44 VAR2=GUN VAR3=NATUR JAN_20 VAR1=3 VAR2=TQN VAR3=COMMA code: (JAN_10 is argument passed from script) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string and append Indicator to end of record in Linux

Hi All, Could you please help me to achieve below solution. I have a FILE1.txt as below.TEXAS CALIFORNIA TEXAS DALLAS CALIFORNIA CALIFORNIA DALLAS DALLAS TEXAS TEXAS DALLAS NEW YORK NEW YORk FILE2.txt as below.TEXAS,TX DALLAS,DA Now I need to compare the string in FILE2.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
6 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)