Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make spaces in between? Post 302982357 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 28th of September 2016 10:20:25 AM
Old 09-28-2016
Hello Ernesto,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you. But Input_file should be same as shown sample Input_file(ditto exact) else it would provide different output too.
Code:
awk '{sub(/[0-9]+/,X,$0);match($0,/[[:alpha:]]+[[:digit:]]+/);ID=substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH);DES=substr($0,RLENGTH+1);match(DES,/[a-zA-Z]+/);NAME=substr(DES,RSTART,RLENGTH);gsub(/.* |Active.*/,X,DES);sub(/[a-z]+/,"& ",NAME);VAL=ID FS NAME FS DES;gsub(/LEAD|MANGER/," &",VAL);print VAL}' Input_file

EDIT: Adding a non-one liner form of above solution too now.
Code:
awk '{
        sub(/[0-9]+/,X,$0);
        match($0,/[[:alpha:]]+[[:digit:]]+/);
        ID=substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH);
        DES=substr($0,RLENGTH+1);
        match(DES,/[a-zA-Z]+/);
        NAME=substr(DES,RSTART,RLENGTH);
        gsub(/.* |Active.*/,X,DES);
        sub(/[a-z]+/,"& ",NAME);
        VAL=ID FS NAME FS DES;
        gsub(/LEAD|MANGER/," &",VAL);
        print VAL
     }
    '   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 09-28-2016 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Adding a non-one liner form of above solution successfully too now.
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

3. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

8. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append spaces the rows to make it into a required fixed length file

I want to make a script to read row by row and find its length. If the length is less than my required length then i hav to append spaces to that paritucular row. Each row contains special characters, spaces, etc. For example my file contains , 12345 abcdef 234 abcde 89012 abcdefgh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add extra spaces to make all lines the same length?

Hello to all, I'm trying to format a file to have all lines with the same length (the length of the longest line) adding needed extra spaces at the end. Currently I have the awk script below that adds one space the end of each that have a lenght lower than 35, but I don't know how to add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies
Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)

NAME
Crypt::DES_EDE3 - Triple-DES EDE encryption/decryption SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::DES_EDE3; my $ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key); $ede3->encrypt($block); DESCRIPTION
Crypt::DES_EDE3 implements DES-EDE3 encryption. This is triple-DES encryption where an encrypt operation is encrypt-decrypt-encrypt, and decrypt is decrypt-encrypt-decrypt. This implementation uses Crypt::DES to do its dirty DES work, and simply provides a wrapper around that module: setting up the individual DES ciphers, initializing the keys, and performing the encryption/decryption steps. DES-EDE3 encryption requires a key size of 24 bytes. You're probably best off not using this module directly, as the encrypt and decrypt methods expect 8-octet blocks. You might want to use the module in conjunction with Crypt::CBC, for example. This would be DES-EDE3-CBC, or triple-DES in outer CBC mode. USAGE
$ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key) Creates a new Crypt::DES_EDE3 object (really, a collection of three DES ciphers), and initializes each cipher with part of $key, which should be at least 24 bytes. If it's longer than 24 bytes, the extra bytes will be ignored. Returns the new object. $ede3->encrypt($block) Encrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in an encrypt-decrypt-encrypt operation. Returns the encrypted block. $ede3->decrypt($block) Decrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in a decrypt-encrypt-decrypt operation. Returns the decrypted block. $ede3->blocksize Returns the block size(8). $ede3->keysize Returns the key size(24). LICENSE
Crypt::DES_EDE3 is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS Crypt::DES_EDE3 is Copyright 2001 Benjamin Trott, ben@rhumba.pair.com. All rights reserved. perl v5.8.8 2001-09-15 Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)