Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to remove the delimiter from the column value within a file? Post 302982261 by RudiC on Tuesday 27th of September 2016 09:30:03 AM
Old 09-27-2016
Unless you give people something to work upon, I'm afraid we're out of options.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the first column in a flat file with ~ as delimiter

I have one flat file like below id1~col~batch1 id2~col2~batch2 id3~col3~batch3 I need to read the first column one by one and I need to write one db2 query based on that column1 Like for (i=0;i<=10;i++) do insert into table column (con_id) values (select column from table where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first column from file

Hi, This is how data in test.txt file | |abc|zxcv|xy12| | |cvs|zzvc|a23p| How can remove first column. abc|zxcv|xy12| cvs|zzvc|a23p| Thanks srimitta (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rearrange the column names with comma as column delimiter

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, i have requirement can any one help me out in this regrads, in directory i have file like invoice1.txt, invoice2.txt in each file i have fixed number of columns, 62 in number but they are randomly arranged.like for first file invoice1.txt can have columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhav62
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove delimiter from specific column?

I have 5 column in sample txt file where in i have to create report based upon 1,3 and 5 th column.. I have : in first and third coulmn. But I want to retain the colon of fifth coulmn and remove the colon of first column.. 5th column contains String message (for example,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid Delimiter occuring in column values in .csv file

Hello Gurus, I need to create a file from a .csv file extracting specific columns only. File structure is Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4 abcd,1234,"asdf, tew,123",123456 efgh,234,asdf,654321 My output file should have abcd,123456 efgh,654321 Can you pls help me with the code. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh.bhawsar
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace delimiter for a particular column in a pipe delimited file

I have an input file as below Emp1|FirstName|MiddleName|LastName|Address|Pincode|PhoneNumber 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 || ADD2|123|000000000 Output : 1234|FirstName1|MiddleName2|LastName3| Add1 ,, ADD2|123|000000000 OR 1234,FirstName1,MiddleName2,LastName3, Add1 ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: styris
2 Replies
Inline-FAQ(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Inline-FAQ(3pm)

NAME
Inline-FAQ - The Inline FAQ DESCRIPTION
Welcome to the official Inline FAQ. In this case, FAQ means: Formerly Answered Questions This is a collection of old, long-winded emails that myself and others have sent to the Inline mailing list. (inline@perl.org) They have been reviewed and edited for general Inline edification. Some of them may be related to a specific language. They are presented here in a traditional FAQ layout. General Inline Since there is only a handful of content so far, all FAQs are currently under this heading. How disposable is a .Inline or _Inline directory? I probably need to be more emphatic about the roll of _Inline/ cache directories. Since they are created automatically, they are completely disposable. I delete them all the time. And it is fine to have a different one for each project. In fact as long as you don't have ~/.Inline/ defined, Inline will create a new ./_Inline directory. You can move that to ./.Inline and it will continue to work if you want to give it more longevity and hide it from view. There is a long complicated list of rules about how [_.]Inline/ directories are used/created. But it was designed to give you the most flexibility/ease-of-use. Never be afraid to nuke 'em. They'll just pop right back next time. :) Whatever happened to the SITE_INSTALL option? SITE_INSTALL is gone. I was going to leave it in and change the semantics, but thought it better to remove it, so people wouldn't try to use it the old way. There is now _INSTALL_ (but you're not supposed to know that :). It works magically through the use of Inline::MakeMaker. I explained this earlier but it's worth going through again because it's the biggest change for 0.40. Here's how to 'permanently' install an Inline extension (Inline based module) with 0.40: 1) Create a module with Inline. 2) Test it using the normal/local _Inline/ cache. 3) Create a Makefile.PL (like the one produced by h2xs) 4) Change 'use ExtUtils::MakeMaker' to 'use Inline::MakeMaker' 5) In the Makefile.PL's WriteMakefile() insert: CONFIGURE_REQUIRES => { 'Inline::MakeMaker' => 0.45, 'ExtUtils::MakeMaker' => 6.52, }, (See the "Writing Modules with Inline" section of Inline.pod for an explanation/elaboration.) 6) Change your 'use Inline C => DATA' to 'use Inline C => DATA => NAME => Foo => VERSION => 1.23' 7) Make sure NAME matches your package name ('Foo'), or begins with 'Foo::'. 8) Make sure VERSION matches $Foo::VERSION. This must be a string (not a number) matching /^d.dd$/ 9) Do the perl/make/test/install dance (thanks binkley :) With Inline 0.41 (or thereabouts) you can skip steps 3 & 4, and just say 'perl -MInline=INSTALL ./Foo.pm'. This will work for non-Inline modules too. It will become the defacto standard (since there is no easy standard) way of installing a Perl module. It will allow Makefile.PL parameters 'perl -MInline=INSTALL ./Foo.pm - PREFIX=/home/ingy/perl' and things like that. It will also make use of a MANIFEST if you provide one. How do I create a binary distribution using Inline? I've figured out how to create and install a PPM binary distribution; with or without distributing the C code! And I've decided to share it with all of you :) NOTE: Future versions of Inline will make this process a one line command. But for now just use this simple recipe. --- The Inline 0.40 distribution comes with a sample extension module called Math::Simple. Theoretically you could distribute this module on CPAN. It has all the necessary support for installation. You can find it in Inline-0.40/modules/Math/Simple/. Here are the steps for converting this into a binary distribution *without* C source code. NOTE: The recipient of this binary distribution will need to have the PPM.pm module installed. This module requires a lot of other CPAN modules. ActivePerl (available for Win32, Linux, and Solaris) has all of these bundled. While ActivePerl isn't required, it makes things (a lot) easier. 1) cd Inline-0.40/Math/Simple/ 2) Divide Simple.pm into two files: ---8<--- (Simple.pm) package Math::Simple; use strict; require Exporter; @Math::Simple::ISA = qw(Exporter); @Math::Simple::EXPORT = qw(add subtract); $Math::Simple::VERSION = '1.23'; use Inline (C => 'src/Simple.c' => NAME => 'Math::Simple', VERSION => '1.23', ); 1; ---8<--- ---8<--- (src/Simple.c) int add (int x, int y) { return x + y; } int subtract (int x, int y) { return x - y; } ---8<--- So now you have the Perl in one file and the C in the other. The C code must be in a subdirectory. 3) Note that I also changed the term 'DATA' to the name of the C file. This will work just as if the C were still inline. 4) Run 'perl Makefile.PL' 5) Run 'make test' 6) Get the MD5 key from 'blib/arch/auto/Math/Simple/Simple.inl' 7) Edit 'blib/lib/Math/Simple.pm'. Change 'src/Simple.c' to '02c61710cab5b659efc343a9a830aa73' (the MD5 key) 8) Run 'make ppd' 9) Edit 'Math-Simple.ppd'. Fill in AUTHOR and ABSTRACT if you wish. Then change: <CODEBASE HREF="" /> to <CODEBASE HREF="Math-Simple.tar.gz" /> 10) Run: tar cvf Math-Simple.tar blib gzip --best Math-Simple.tar 11) Run: tar cvf Math-Simple-1.23.tar Math-Simple.ppd Math-Simple.tar.gz gzip --best Math-Simple-1.23.tar 12) Distribute Math-Simple-1.23.tar.gz with the following instructions: A) Run: gzip -d Math-Simple-1.23.tar.gz tar xvzf Math-Simple-1.23.tar B) Run 'ppm install Math-Simple.ppd' C) Delete Math-Simple.tar and Math-Simple.ppd. D) Test with: perl -MMath::Simple -le 'print add(37, 42)' --- That's it. The process should also work with zip instead of tar, but I haven't tried it. The recipient of the binary must have Perl built with a matching architecture. Luckily, ppm will catch this. For a binary dist *with* C source code, simply omit steps 2, 3, 6, and 7. If this seems too hard, then in a future version you should be able to just type: make ppm perl v5.14.2 2011-12-25 Inline-FAQ(3pm)