Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirecting output to file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirecting output to file Post 302982238 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 27th of September 2016 02:46:49 AM
Old 09-27-2016
Hello karthik771,

Could you please try it in a single command, if you are not using your other variables and let us know how it goes then.
Code:
find complete_path_to_your_files*.format_of_your_files -type f -mtime -1 | tail -20 > check.log

If you want all those variables then you could try following on same too.
Code:
BackupFile="$(find -type f -mtime -1 -printf '\n%P')"
content=$(echo "$BackupFile" | tail -20)
echo "$content" > check.log

I am considering here you need last 20 records(files) which we will get from findcommand.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output file to a different server.

Hi, I hope this is problem makes sense and that someone can offer some advice. Basically i have a perl script which accesses a database and outputs the information to a file. Is it possible to use a 'system' command to embeb some Unix command which moves that file to another directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormrider
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting my output to a specific file

Hi guys am doing some checking inside my script and i want to redirect my output to a specific file for example checking if a move was successfully done and was writing on the screen whether the move was successful or not and now want to write same thing into a file... I am new to shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting <talk> output to a file

Is it possible to run <talk> such that both sides of the conversation are written to the screen and also to a file? I use the utility to chat with collaborators and sometimes it would be nice to have a record of our conversation while we are problem solving. I am running OS X, so <talk>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cej
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output of a command to a file

Hi We are having a requirement where one shell script, say a.sh (which uses Java and connects to Oracle database using JDBC) keeps on running everytime. I created a wrapper (to check whether a.sh is running and if not then to start it) and scheduled it in the crontab. Now all the output from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgoel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output of Make to file

Hi, I am unable to get this script to work as desired. Basically, if an argument "log" is sent into the script, it outputs the result of the Make to a file output.log. However, if the argument is not passed, I want the output to be just put on screen (no redirection). See code snippet below. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srujan45
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, Below is the whole string which is to be redirected to the new file. su - oracle -c "exp $user/$pass file=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.dmp log=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.log tables=table1,table2 statistics=none" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting the script output to more than 1 file

Hi, I want to redirect my script output to more than one file without printing the result to the screen. How to do that? ex: echo "hi" >> a.txt b.txt cat a.txt hi b.txt :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file through cron

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions for capturing the output into a file when i run it through cron? I have file called "quick.1" which contains two simple commands to be executed on the target host. And i have second file called "quick.2" which contains the wrapper script to ssh to the target... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandika_diran
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with redirecting output to an HTML file

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm having trouble redirecting the output of my sysinfo_page script into my sysinfo_page.html file. The task at hand is to be able to email both the html file and the script to myself. I'm assuming that the html should appear as a web... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: braing
8 Replies
menu_hook(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						menu_hook(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_hook, set_item_init, item_init, set_item_term, item_term, set_menu_init, menu_init, set_menu_term, menu_term - assign application-spe- cific routines for automatic invocation by menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_item_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); int set_item_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void item_term(MENU *menu); int set_menu_init(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_init(MENU *menu); int set_menu_term(MENU *menu, void (*func)(MENU *)); void menu_term(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
set_item_init() assigns the application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. item_init() returns a pointer to the item initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the current item changes. set_item_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. item_term() returns a pointer to the termination function, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the current item changes. set_menu_init() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_init() returns a pointer to the menu initialization routine, if any, called when the menu is posted and just after the top row changes on a posted menu. set_menu_term() assigns an application-defined function to be called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. menu_term() returns a pointer to the menu termination routine, if any, called when the menu is unposted and just before the top row changes on a posted menu. RETURN VALUES
Routines that return pointers always return NULL on error. Routines that return an integer return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 menu_hook(3CURSES)