Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to create customized multipath device Post 302982206 by linux.amrit on Monday 26th of September 2016 01:00:26 PM
Old 09-26-2016
* What output/errors do you get? Nothing much error i can see...
* What OS version are you using?
Code:
# uname -a
Linux desktopA.home.org 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

* Can you not join these up with reference to the files in /dev/disk*? How to do it ?
Code:
# ls -ld /dev/dm-5 
brw-rw----. 1 root disk 253, 5 Sep 26 15:21 /dev/dm-5
# ls -ld /dev/mapper/mpatha 
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 7 Sep 26 15:21 /dev/mapper/mpatha -> ../dm-3

Do you want me to mention /dev/dm-5 on multipath.conf ?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 09-26-2016 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

shrinking root partition and using free space to create a block device

We are intending to protect a set of user specified files using LVM mirroring where the protected space on which the user files are stored is mirrored on an LV on a different disk. Our problem is that for a user with a custom layout has installed linux with 2 partitons for swap and / and there is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickdgrass
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

device-mapper-multipath path [undef]

I have an HP blade with Qlogic HBA's connected to an EVA8000. I have downloaded the latest multipath.conf from HP's website. The drive presented to the server appears to be configured and working except the output of "multipath -l" shows for all paths. What is causing this output? mpath0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manzier
2 Replies

3. AIX

entstat: 0909-003 Unable to connect to device

Hello All, at our client VIOS Server there is shared ethernet adapter ent6, when I run lsattr -El ent6 the output shows real adapter ent1 lsattr -El ent6 accounting disabled Enable per-client accounting of network statistics True ctl_chan ent5 Control Channel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Create a customized ubunto automated installtion cd

Hi 1- I want to create a cd or dvd of ubunto , that include a lot of installed packages entered by me . 2- automated installion (just enter the cd )and install by it self . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashed
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cleanup special files create via device match in a whole root zone

I added in the configuration file of a whole root zone the following device match entries: <device match="/dev/rmt/*"/> <device match="/dev/sg/*"/> after the reboot the zone was able to see all the devices of its global zone, and let under /dev/rmt and /dev/sg the special files created with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Raw device/multipath details

Hi, How to find the raw device/multipath details of the LUN used by the diskgroups of the database. file system type -- ASM Oracle -- 11.2.0.3.0 OS -- Linux This is RAC database. Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to develop a bash script to create customized report from the server log

Hi, I need to develop a bash script to create customized report from the server log (red hat 5.8 64 bit Operating system). The following is one of the log for our internal application task. <2015.03.03 20:09:52 274 +0800><I><DSCTH01><http-0.0.0.0-443-2><security> GUI request succeeded for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pugazhendhi_r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can i create a script that will ssh a device and type some commands?

Hi Guys, this is the scenario: ubuntu pc and I have 10 wireless devices that I need to check their firmware version. I would like to create a script that it will ask me IP, after I enter it, I hit enter then it will show me the version of the firmware. this is what i do. ssh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabak
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating multipath device with FC Disks

Hello, I am trying to setup a storage server with salvaged equipments: QSSC-S4R server, with QLogic 2562 FC HBA's Clariion KTN-STL4 4GB FC Enclosures Disks Salvaged from EMC Vmax Disks are 520B sector size so i converted to 512B in linux environment and create multipath successfully. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amd103
4 Replies
MP_GetMultipathLus(3MPAPI)			   Common Multipath Management Library Functions			MP_GetMultipathLus(3MPAPI)

NAME
MP_GetMultipathLus - return a list of multipath logical units SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> MP_STATUS MP_GetMultipathLus(MP_OID oid, MP_OID_LIST **ppList); PARAMETERS
oid The object ID of the plugin or device product object. ppList A pointer to a pointer to an object ID that has type MP_OID_LIST structure. With a successful return, this contains a pointer to an MP_OID_LIST that contains the object IDs of all the (multipath) logical units associated with the specified plugin object ID. DESCRIPTION
The MP_GetMultipathLus() function returns a list of multipath logical units associated to a plugin. When the caller is finished using the list it must free the memory used by the list by calling MP_FreeOidList. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_INVALID_OBJECT_TYPE The oid does not specify any valid object type. This is most likely to happen if an uninitialized object ID is passed to the API. MP_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER The ppList is null or specifies a memory area that cannot be written, or when oid has a type subfield other than MP_OBJECT_TYPE_DEVICE_PRODUCT or MP_OBJECT_TYPE_PLUG IN. MP_STATUS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND The oid owner ID or object sequence number is invalid. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The operation is successful. MP_STATUS_FAILED The plugin for the specified object ID is not found. MP_STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY A memory allocation failure occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), MP_GetMPLogicalUnitProperties(3MPAPI), attributes(5) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2006 MP_GetMultipathLus(3MPAPI)