Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C object code compatiblity with UNIX and Linux Post 302982203 by shamrock on Monday 26th of September 2016 11:58:19 AM
Old 09-26-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek chaudhary
Is it possible to use an object code compiled on Unix- sun Os sparc on Redhat linux OS. In our new application we have to create object file on Unix os and then use the object code on Linux OS to compile pro*c code but when we are trying to achieve this we get error: file in wrong format. how can we achieve this functionality? Is it possible to use object code from unix on Linux?
If you use a cross compiler then you can take your source code and produce an object file for both SunOS and RHEL machines...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

“Ostream” object is not printing message on HP-UNIX for debug mode

The following C++ code segment is not working in debug mode build on HP-UNIX machine. It is not printing "Hello World" message on the screen. While it is working fine in release mode build. ============================================== class KLogStreamBuf : public streambuf { public:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heena
0 Replies

2. Programming

Problem In Loading A Shared Object In Linux

Hi, We are trying to migrate our Solaris Soft OSE application to Linux. We use the dynamically linked options of the soft ose in our application. We are facing plenty of unresolved symbol problems while trying to load the ".so". These symbols are present in the libsoftose.a. for e.g ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani@tcs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to make groupings of object using unix command

suppose u have a file 1 2 2 -3 2 2 -3 4 5 -2 -3 -4 -4 -2 1 1 1 so output should be lie that one for groupings... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to modify this c code to get full GUI interface for Unix Linux ?

Hi, the following code comes from Unix Linux dialog utility project. Unfortunately, this project is no more actively maintained. Unix Linux dialog utility is made of widget boxes. One of them is mixedgauge.c In the following example I would like to get rid of flickering when run in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

6. Programming

help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silviafisica
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating CLOB object in unix

Hi All, I have a big file (basically .log file) want to store in oracle database. Please help me in preparing CLOB object in unix. The log file is stored in some location on unix file server, prepare clob of that file and store in DB. Any sample code or link Thanks Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

8. Programming

How to initialize an object with another object of different class?

How to initialize an object of class say "A", with an object of type say "B". The following code give the error message "error: conversion from âAâ to non-scalar type âBâ requested" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B; class A{ public: A() { cout <<"\nA()" << endl; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmonk
1 Replies
GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)						    OpenGL 3.3							GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)

NAME
glShaderSource - Replaces the source code in a shader object C SPECIFICATION
void glShaderSource(GLuint shader, GLsizei count, const GLchar **string, const GLint *length); PARAMETERS
shader Specifies the handle of the shader object whose source code is to be replaced. count Specifies the number of elements in the string and length arrays. string Specifies an array of pointers to strings containing the source code to be loaded into the shader. length Specifies an array of string lengths. DESCRIPTION
glShaderSource sets the source code in shader to the source code in the array of strings specified by string. Any source code previously stored in the shader object is completely replaced. The number of strings in the array is specified by count. If length is NULL, each string is assumed to be null terminated. If length is a value other than NULL, it points to an array containing a string length for each of the corresponding elements of string. Each element in the length array may contain the length of the corresponding string (the null character is not counted as part of the string length) or a value less than 0 to indicate that the string is null terminated. The source code strings are not scanned or parsed at this time; they are simply copied into the specified shader object. NOTES
OpenGL copies the shader source code strings when glShaderSource is called, so an application may free its copy of the source code strings immediately after the function returns. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if shader is not a value generated by OpenGL. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if shader is not a shader object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if count is less than 0. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetShader() with arguments shader and GL_SHADER_SOURCE_LENGTH glGetShaderSource() with argument shader glIsShader() SEE ALSO
glCompileShader(), glCreateShader(), glDeleteShader() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 3Dlabs Inc. Ltd. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLSHADERSOURCE(3G)